R32 with AZV/BKD conversion

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
The R32 is sold and we will begin the build. Here is what we will be putting in the car. I have an AZV/BKD new engine, complete with wiring harness and BKD ecm. An FEL 4 motion specific TDI gearing transmission with Peloquin locking diff, upgraded steel shifting forks and maybe cryo treatment. Also considering a modified gear set for smoother shifting. The plan is to build up the engine to 300 hp and 450 ft lb torque with bolt on's only, no internal parts. These numbers have been documented already with no internal mods in an BKD engine. Big turbo, big injectors, big intercooler and big tune.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon/05 Passat Sedan/03 Jetta Wagon
The R32 is sold and we will begin the build. Here is what we will be putting in the car. I have an AZV/BKD new engine, complete with wiring harness and BKD ecm. An FEL 4 motion specific TDI gearing transmission with Peloquin locking diff, upgraded steel shifting forks and maybe cryo treatment. Also considering a modified gear set for smoother shifting. The plan is to build up the engine to 300 hp and 450 ft lb torque with bolt on's only, no internal parts. These numbers have been documented already with no internal mods in an BKD engine. Big turbo, big injectors, big intercooler and big tune.
Subscribing, should be an interesting build.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Starting to gather parts. This is the turbo GTB 2260. Has a nice port already for EGT probe.

This is the big honking intercooler I'll be using, you won't even know it there. Also won't be using the clips that fail on most intercooler piping that is stock. I'm also putting this intercooler in my Seat Leon. It will take some extra work but it'll be worthwhile.

baja_brewer

Veteran Member
TDI
1980 Rabbit Pickup (1.6 IDI), 1990 Corrado TDI, 2010 Audi A5
Exciting! Not too many of these running around out there yet.

Pardon my4-motion ignorance, but does the haldxs have its own standalone controller?

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Yes baja, the haldex is stand alone unit. HPA makes a performance unit the gives more bias to the rear wheels. It gets a signal from the ABS system and reacts accordingly.

baja_brewer

Veteran Member
TDI
1980 Rabbit Pickup (1.6 IDI), 1990 Corrado TDI, 2010 Audi A5
Yes baja, the haldex is stand alone unit. HPA makes a performance unit the gives more bias to the rear wheels. It gets a signal from the ABS system and reacts accordingly.
Awesome. I'm sure I'll have more stupid questions coming along, but for now I'll shut up and watch!