Causes of high Turbo Spike

Hussman

TDI
2003 VW Jetta ALH TDI 5 speed
Hey guys,

So I've had an on-going overboost on my 2003 ALH which everyone is getting sick of hearing on here I'm sure.

After cleaning the manifold, replacing n75 and actuator, and cleaning the turbo veins I now just have a spike problem.

I am tuned by Jeff Stevenson and he set me up to max at 18 psi and my spike should go to 21 and drop back to 18.

I spike up to 24-28 psi depending on landscape and gear and then drop hard to 15 which it sits at until get over about 75 mph and it creeps up to 18.

Is this the actuator not being adjusted correct? or any other ideas you guys have?

Really ready to be done with this...

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
In this post, you don't indicate if it's throwing a code or not

If you're just watching numbers on a gauge, and going from that, you're probably fretting too much....Unless there's an overboost code.
IF there's a code, copy/paste here.

Hussman

TDI
In this post, you don't indicate if it's throwing a code or not

If you're just watching numbers on a gauge, and going from that, you're probably fretting too much....Unless there's an overboost code.
IF there's a code, copy/paste here.
No code, I used to get PO234 occasionally before cleaning the veins. Both my gauge and my scanguage show the rapid spike.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I found after I set my new actuator with the vacuum pump I still had over boosts.
I finally lengthened the rod a turn or two to get it under control.
Did go through the usual N75 and hoses changed.

Hussman

TDI
I found after I set my new actuator with the vacuum pump I still had over boosts.
I finally lengthened the rod a turn or two to get it under control.
Did go through the usual N75 and hoses changed.

Replaced N75 and it all holds vacuum. I thought about ordering a full new hose kit and cutting them length just in case... But if it holds vacuum so...