OEM NAVI (MFD1,2,3, OR RNS-E) on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Great! Thanks. Very good. I may test my 2000 TDI as well. I could also make an ISO to Quadlock harness.

thanks!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
M206 what about dash lights, gala signal, K-wire, S-contact? Did you have any issues connecting the ISO connectors to the quadlock for these items?

The RNS2 uses can bus to transmit these from the Navi to the car.

8-Pin ISO black / quadlock connector
1. Gala /via can bus
2. Mute /11. mute
3. K-wire/ via can bus
4. Ignition/S-contact/ via can bus
5. Safe(theft)/ 16. Safe (theft)
6. Lighting /via can bus
7. Power /15. Power
8. Ground /12. Ground

Pin 9 & 10 on the quadlock are can Hi & Lo

Maybe canshack's Can bus emulator can provide the data needed?

Here we go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CanBus-Can-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6e9b786e&vxp=mtr

New CanBus Adapter Upgrade cable set with Original VW-Audi Connectors
CAN BUS interface for retrofitting of new VW radios / navigation systems in older vehicles without CAN-BUS

The CAN bus interface simulates the following signals:

-Ignition
-Lighting (adjustable) New!
-Speed ​​signal
This interface allows the connection of a new radio and navigation system (from newer VW models) in each Fahreug without CAN-BUS line. This means that analog signals such as IGNITION, LIGHT and SPEED / SPEED / GALA will be transformed thanks to a processor in CAN-BUS data system. You get the interface with plugs attached, so that the interface is placed just in between. At the interface, the light intensity, as is also provided original, be changed, also the speed signal ensures the correct volume control at respective speeds, providing a 100% integration of the radio / navigation system is given to the vehicle
The following radio stations & Navigationssysysteme are compatible with the adapter:

Delta 6
MFD2 / 3
RNS2
RNS300 / 310/510
R100
RS200
RCD100
RCD200 / 210
RCD300 / 310
RCD500 / 510
CQ-JV1060L
and similar devices of Seat and Skoda

I just don't know about K-wire or diagnostics.

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
wait a minute, i'm referring to the pre-restyling version of RNS2 installed on touareg / multivan. the one with squared corners.
Absolutely NOT MFD2 installed on golf V and above (round corners).

Pay attention cause the post-restyling seems exactly the same but it's not.

the pre restyling works at 1.6 can bus speed (so compatible with the golf 4 can bus cluster).

the post restyling works at 2.0 can bus speed, so it will not work.

for your other issues i don't know too much, since i've a 2005 leon (same of golf4) that i think has all the needed wiring for the can bus 1.6.

Maybe your golf 4 year 2000 couldn't have all the other necessary connections (gala, k wires, etc) to get the rns2 working properly, even if it's the pre-restiling version..

sorry but i'm not an expert in pre can-bus cars..:(:(

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
wait a minute, i'm referring to the pre-restyling version of RNS2 installed on touareg / multivan. the one with squared corners.
Absolutely NOT MFD2 installed on golf V and above (round corners).

Pay attention cause the post-restyling seems exactly the same but it's not.

the pre restyling works at 1.6 can bus speed (so compatible with the golf 4 can bus cluster).

the post restyling works at 2.0 can bus speed, so it will not work.

for your other issues i don't know too much, since i've a 2005 leon (same of golf4) that i think has all the needed wiring for the can bus 1.6.

Maybe your golf 4 year 2000 couldn't have all the other necessary connections (gala, k wires, etc) to get the rns2 working properly, even if it's the pre-restiling version..

sorry but i'm not an expert in pre can-bus cars..:(:(
Yes, I know that you were referring to the RNS2 can 1.6 that's what I installed in my MKIV 2004. And, I do know the Navi for the Golf V is can 2.0 but I cannot fit that unit into my dash because it has no locking tabs.

I am trying to see, with the adapter above, if I can retrofit the same RNS2 can 1.6 into MY 2000 MKIV TDI. :)

Since I have an RNS2, I can test it very easily :) I sent the ebay seller a question asking about K-wire connectivity with their can emulator.

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
Yes, I know that you were referring to the RNS2 can 1.6 that's what I installed in my MKIV 2004. And, I do know the Navi for the Golf V is can 2.0 but I cannot fit that unit into my dash because it has no locking tabs.

I am trying to see, with the adapter above, if I can retrofit the same RNS2 can 1.6 into MY 2000 MKIV TDI. :)

Since I have an RNS2, I can test it very easily :) I sent the ebay seller a question asking about K-wire connectivity with their can emulator.
ok very well, so let me know if everything work fine!! ;);)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ok very well, so let me know if everything work fine!! ;);)

It is confirmed, No K-wire connection for the older non-can radios.

You can buy an can simulator/converter from Kufatec, Canshack and ebay. If you have 2002 or newer or an older 2000 with no can at the radio.

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
ok, thanks. The canshack adapter is not cheap. almost $400
be careful, i think the canshack adapter works only with rns-510/mfd3, and NOT with mfd2, it's not a universal can adapter from 1.6 to 2.0 i think..;)

but i could be wrong, just try and ask directly to stefan..:)

400$?? it's really expensive, here in europe we can buy it at 229€, it should be 295$, not 400..:eek:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
be careful, i think the canshack adapter works only with rns-510/mfd3, and NOT with mfd2, it's not a universal can adapter from 1.6 to 2.0 i think..;)

but i could be wrong, just try and ask directly to stefan..:)

400$?? it's really expensive, here in europe we can buy it at 229€, it should be 295$, not 400..:eek:
yes sorry. i'm all over the place My Dream/Ultimate plans:

my wife's car: 2004 TDI - Currently has RNS2. FInd an RNS510, use a can adapter from 1.6 to 2.0 :)

my car: 2000 TDI - Buy harness specific for the RNS2 for vehicles with no entertainment can bus.(Kufatec sells this harness) Move the RNS2 to MY car!

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
right now I've fully understand.:D

very great plan!!:)

good luck and keep me updated if you decide and go with the canshack adapter with rns-510 on your 2004 mk4 golf.;)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just wanted to confirm that the Delta6 and RNS2 speaks to the cluster via can hi and lo wire connection.

I am using a Kufatec harness. I tried with my own harness and something must not be wired correctly. I will double check tonight.

But full navigation/FIS integration with both. I have not tested the speed signal or VCDS yet.

sauvesun

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Black on Black leather, 5spd, sunroof, 2003 Jetta Tdi Wagon Black on Black leather, 5spd, sunroof, stock
Need help sifting through all the Nav info

Hello M206
I have been reading several threads on here hoping to find an answer to my question, maybe you, Tongsli, or SVTWEB can offer some assistance....or anyone else that feels they have something constructive to offer :)
I have a 2003 MKIV Jetta TDI wagon, I believe I have can bus 1.6, a double din factory stereo (Monsoon? however it doesn't sound as nice as my 01 Jetta w/monsoon).
I'd like to install a new stereo (OEM not aftermarket) which would improve the sound quality, have nav, bluetooth hands free would be nice however I would settle for a nav unit that has the ability for "Mute" so a Parrot, Neo, Yatour, Motorola style device can interrupt the Audio source and play the incoming call over the car's audio system and maintain the use of my steering wheel controls.
I have read that a Nav unit from a 2005 Touareg will work on my 03 MKIV, could you confirm this ? The nav I'm referring to is the one with the square corners.
I would eventually like to change my cluster to a full FIS with the corresponding wiper stalk, I have my PIN for the existing cluster in the 03 wagon, so when the time comes the nav I choose would have to communicate with a new cluster (1J5 920 xxx x)
Any thoughts weather I'm on the right track? should I look at a different nav?

sauvesun

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Black on Black leather, 5spd, sunroof, 2003 Jetta Tdi Wagon Black on Black leather, 5spd, sunroof, stock
Anyone?

Pretty please.....

sauvesun

TDI
Year of Donor Touareg?

Thank you so much SilverGhost, I read the thread and from what I can gather I need a RNS-2 from a 2005 Touareg, only thing is, when I talked to the wrecker they asked if my ser# was under 60,000 , so there must be a difference in the 2.

After looking through the classified sites I found one from a 2004 Touareg, complete with amp and CD's, although I read in the above mentioned thread that there is a single map cd for North America used in a RNS-2, so would this be the RNS-2 from a 2005 Touareg over 60,000.

Any help is graciously appreciated

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
The earlier version uses CDs for the maps (7 in total, I think), the later version uses one DVD for the maps.

The main draw back, if you listen to CDs much, is the nav units state they are not for playing music CDs. You are only supposed to put the map disc in there. In practice they seam to play audio discs fine so it's up to you. The other draw back is no internal map storage, meaning you have to leave the disc in all of the time. For both reasons I would get a cd changer or phat box or iPod interface for it.

I just glanced at it quickly, but isn't Bora Parts selling these? Also the Vok-l may work for the later version. I'll have to dig a little to confirm this.

Jason

sauvesun

TDI
RNS-2 2004 Touareg

Thanks again SilverGhost.

I just received more info from the seller, and confirmed its a single DVD unit, they are going to send me the part number of the RNS-2.

Its not a big deal about the DVD having to be in the RNS-2 at all times if using nav, as I mostly listen to the radio.

I am planning on using a Neo or a Yatour module to interface with the RNS-2 so I can have hands free and the ability to charge my iPhone 4.

This brings my to another question, do you know if these type of modules only mute the audio source from the stacker input, or will it mute the radio as well?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
The stock radios have a terminal that mutes the radio when grounded (?) and displays "PHONE" in the display. At least up until the factory bluetooth modules started taking off, then it was a CAN BUSS signal. But any aftermarket phone kit can trigger the stock radio to mute if wired to this terminal.

BTW, the pin locations, on the older radios, are listed on a sticker on the case of the radio.

Jason

sauvesun

TDI
7l6 035 191 e

So the part number of the RNS-2 is 7L6 035 191 E, I see the one Tongsli used was a "C" version. Apparently the wiring in the older Touareg's is completely different. Its a shame cause the E version is $250 with amp.

Silverghost do you know if the version "C" has a built in amp?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
All of them have a built in amp. The external amp is for upgraded/premium audio.

No idea about the "C" vs "E" index, sorry

Jason