New VAG-Com Locator website

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
With the lock-down tools, you should end up with timing similar, but possibly not identical, to what it is now. So, part of the question is, where is it now?

Flashing gp light - check your brake switch or brake lights. Do they work? All of them?

diesel?

TDI
96 passat smog exempt!, 2010 golf(wife's car)
I'lll check the brake lights, but using my obd scanner I get a code for the #2 glow plug, I'll check the resistance when I get a chance on those, its weird the glow plug light would flash when the lights don't work, thanks for the hint, I hope it works

Testfighter15

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI CUP Edition
For whatever its worth, I bought a chinese VAG-COM for $2.38 off of eBay and it works great. I think shipping was like $15.
I saw these while looking around e-bay also. I purchased a similar product for my Buell motorcycle and it worked like a champ. Most of these cables come with software but I don't know which model cable/ software I need. I have a 2010 jetta cup edition. Does anyone know which model cable/ software I need?

toastyjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver 2door golf
co anyone?

I am in durango co I could use some VAG-COM help! I need to check my timming. will pay in beer...

MATTPWNA

TDI
2000 TDI Golf
Looking for VAG COM needed to tune bigger injectors in Southeastern Ontario(Niagara Region) Canada. Checked the lists i think one worked and the closest was in Toronto. Does anyone know anyone closer than Toronto??

brenodo

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI
howdy gang, I am a new VAG-COM owner/user in northern virginia. IF anyone is local and needs access to the tool let me know, happy to help...

KBruceR

TDI
2003 Beetle
Does anyone know the normal operating range of coolant temperature on a 1.9 2003 Beetle. I have a digital gauge but can't seem to find what "normal" is. Thanks

GR40RCapri

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI 5spd auto
Ugh...

I found the VAGTOOLLOCATOR site VERY VERY slow. like a minute to switch pages...

J

Rabbid0281

TDI
96 B4 TDI 1Z sedan. '12 Jetta TDI 6spd. 1982 GTD Jetta Coupe 5spd
I have a Micro-CAN cable, authentic VAGCOM from 2008. Im located in Deridder, LA. Im looking to sell the cable because i need the HEX-CAN "do all" cable for my upcoming 96 B4 TDI im getting from my dad. I used to have an 08 Rabbit and 04 Passat, but it only worked with the 08. I couldnt get it to work with an 06 A4. The software will show all platforms available to the VCDS program, but beware your cable might not support all of them.
What I really want is the PRO kit that comes with the net book, cable and adapters. Epic. and well worth it for $1k imo.

kirkus

TDI
'11 A3 S-Line TDI
VCDS... pretty cool. Just got it tonight. Already switched off the DRL and the seat belt chime. Took a print out of all the fault codes. I'll have to spend some time looking at those. Worked like a champ.

diesel?

TDI
96 passat smog exempt!, 2010 golf(wife's car)
Thanks for the hints, brake lights were out because of a broken bulb so flashing light is gone now, Got my ross tech vcds and hooked up the car to the computer, it is really great, helped me fine tune that timing and get other real time information. it is really amazing what it will do. I am in the san gabriel valley in southern california if anybody wants to hook up their car. cheers

jeffgray

TDI
2001 beetle tdi, 2006 jetta tdi
vag com london ontario

im looking for a vag com scan for my 2001 beetle tdi with the air bag light on. Had it at the dealer for some rust service, came back from the paint shop and the air bag light was on. thks

twobilly

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (09/09)
Micro-CAN VAG-COM (VCDS) in Hood River, OR

Greetings fellow TDI owners! I now have a Micro-CAN available in Hood River, OR, for those that need one. They're not cheap so locals are welcome to contact me.

hawkeypler32

TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
I cannot get either of those links to work. Does anyone in the Eugene/Springfield, Oregon area have a vagcom?

Last edited:

Rabbid0281

TDI
96 B4 TDI 1Z sedan. '12 Jetta TDI 6spd. 1982 GTD Jetta Coupe 5spd
I no longer have my VAGCOM. Sorry i didnt update after i sold it!

cybertranz

VAGCOM Hex-Can in NJ (South)

Hello everyone! just want to introduce myself. Got a MKIV Golf tdi. Just recently bought a VAGCOM. If anyone needs a quick diagnostics, gimme a PM. :)

itchytweed

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Greetings from western Milwaukee County!

Have VCDS HEX-CAN-USB. Don't have adapters for the older rides.

Well worth the investment :)

P.S.: Vaglocator sites were just hangin' when I tried to access so this is the only posting.

Last edited:

dets97

TDI
01 new beetle tdi
Have tried to contact the 2 guys that vagcom locator shows for Evansville, IN. Tried searching them on tdiclub.com and not showing as users. How accurate is that list? And does anyone in Evansville, IN or around the Fairfield, IL area have VAGCOM? Thanks

MrSafety

Newbie at Heart
California... Novato... 25 Mi. N. of S.F.
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI/ALH/01M-'80 240D Mercedes/'81 Rabbit "Caddy"/'99 Lexus ES300
... Is a K-M Diesel "Tach-N-Time" as good as VAG-COM...

Let me explain...
Although new to the TDI generation of diesels... I have used a Kent-Moore "Tach-N-Time" electronic interface box that allows me to check the timing on any diesel engine that I can clip on this system's clamp-on piezo-electic pulse sensor. This has worked with +/- 2 deg. accuracy on vintage Mercedes 616, 617, and 603 engines installed in W123/W124/W126 chassis!
Q - Has anyone out there tried using this not too old ("piezo-elect.") technology to fine tune the timing set up on VW/Audi TDI engines?
Right now I'm studying up on and arranging for the special tool I need to do a TB project on my Son's 2002 TDI Jetta... and wondered IF my K-M system is a good enough substitute for the VAG-COM to fine-tune the timing???
I'd appreciate hearing from you IF you know of and especially used the K-M system!
Sam Ross

Last edited:

Pilhoney10

TDI
98 New Beetle
Help, my electric windows will not go up. replaced control module still no help. does it need to be programed with vag com? I replaced hearliner and crimped the wires in sun visor. fix that and replaced the modules still no eletric windows. Can i get then windows up somehow?

hogmae

TDI
2003 jetta wagon GL TDI
i signed up yesterday, where do i start. not sure if i'm in the right place to ask quesrions about my first tdi purchase hogmae.

bigrmac

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Skid Plate

A BIG THANKS to TDI wagonguy. Mike at defender tech. for selling and installing a metal skid plate under engine compartment.
I know I could not have installed it without Mike.
If any Jetta owner has not got one installed think about it. I didn't think I needed it until I cracked the oil pan while driving on some rough roads and I didn't think I hit it too hard. The plastic guard that was just replaced due to hitting animals traffic attempting to cross hwy 400 did not stand up and was replaced by insurance. I should have replaced it with the metal skid plate cause less than a year later oil pan crack cost me almost $1,000. Thanks again Mike.:)

Last edited:

Arson8

TDI
Audi A3
Hello TDIclub.com! I work at a family owned Automotive garage in Burbank, CA and We have a VAG (one of our favorite scan tools) let me know what I can do to help any Forum members out. Question Lets say I changed my rims out and I wanted to turn off my TPMS systems all togather on my 2011 A3 is that possible with the VAG?
Thanks,
Kruger

Status
Not open for further replies.