2015 Golf TDI trailer wiring harness installation

GolfSW98

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 TDI
Went to pickup a trailer today and noticed the turn signals don't work. Just remembered the turn signals on my wagen are modified to have the amber bottom signals. Wonder what I have to change on the wiring now

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Turn signals on the trailer didn't work?
Here's the layout of the lights (courtesy of @DV52 on other message boards)

I'd take it you're looking for A60 and C31 in the wiring diagrams - that'd be what you need to mate up to the turn signal wires on your trailer wiring harness.

Ok - forget that; don't think that's much help (at least not directly here); this would help if trying to change the coding for any of the lights, so I'll leave it there.

Try this:

M6 is listed as the "left rear turn signal bulb", so black/white wire in position 1 on the OEM connector.

Over on the other side, M8 fits the description - black/green in position 4.

GolfSW98

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 TDI
Nuje! Big help. I tried to depin the harness until the turn signal stopped then I figured I would move the green interceptor wire over to that pin which would get me turn signals. My depin tool then snapped, just ordered another and will read your post in depth fully and get this sorted. Much appreciated

The more I think about this... may have to go back to original coding on the turn signals. How else will I get brake and turn intercepted on one pin? I would have to get a fancier harness lol

Last edited:

bajaONE

TDI
2001 and 2003 Jetta ALH; 2016 golf Sportwagon TDI SEL
Thanks for the picture. Couldn’t see the diagram linked earlier, and wasn’t following along on how to do it with just words.

Looking at the connectors as supplied, and as modified, it’s real simple to figure out.
The yellow moves over to the third slot and green moves to the second, from original locations at one side.

Just modified mine, haven’t installed and tested.
Didn’t have a tool to remove the wires and improvised with a little piece of aluminum sheet metal cut real narrow, did the trick. A piece of steel sheet metal would have been better, but it’s not so difficult that soft aluminum can’t work, “tool” shown as well. Photo uploaded to the forum, hope it stays visible for a long time.

finally got the part down here and installed the 118646 on a 2016 tdi variant. did the modification as shown but I have no clue how you could release those pins I had a generic pin removal kit and could not get any to release so soldering gun and shrink wrap to the rescue. so added 20 extra minutes to the install. Just wanted to note here the variant does work with above noted Grigg3 mod for people in the future. Thanks all and Grigg3

Sleeping_Bag

TDI
'15 MK7 Golf Sportwagen
Hello! I am to be doing this tomorrow, Thanks for all who put the detailed instructions. I will post pictures of me towing a teardrop next weekend!