Malone Tuning

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
Well I'm new to the TDI Club so this is my first time owning a VW Diesel but i wanna ask some questions on the Stage 2 Malone tuner. Such as What problems have occurred like DSG failure,fuel pump,etc What all would you need to get the car running with the tune like a DSG tune,new pump? how long could you go without tuning the DSG whats pros and cons and please don't bark at me about what i don't know i just wanna understand the tuner better Thanks!

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
i ran stage 2 for a long time, over 40k miles and I am now on stage 3.5

cant comment on the DSG, but I have had no failures or other issues to note.

Malone is the way to go.

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
i ran stage 2 for a long time, over 40k miles and I am now on stage 3.5

cant comment on the DSG, but I have had no failures or other issues to note.

Malone is the way to go.
What about lead foot such as flooring it through 1,2nd gear i heard something about that makes the DSG Act up? and do you have a dsg tune now?

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
You realize there is a whole section dedicated to performance mods a forum or two below this one right?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
and the reason we can't help him here is what, exactly?
I believe that the point is that there is likely a larger pool of information to draw from in the Performance forum.

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
I believe that the point is that there is likely a larger pool of information to draw from in the Performance forum.
Your correct but theres no questions on the performance that answers mine if you don't like this don't comment.

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Your correct but theres no questions on the performance that answers mine if you don't like this don't comment.
You realize people are trying to help you right?

If you post your question in the appropriate forum the people that frequent that forum and know more about your specific concern can better help you.

You're new here, don't get all high and mighty. :rolleyes:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Thanks the whole time I've been on this forums I've been fussed at about that and i have a question do you have a clutch upgrade?
instead of pointing you in 100 different directions and telling you to search, you can keep asking your questions here and I will help as best I can.

I am running stage 3.5 on OEM clutch with 101,088 miles. do I need a clutch upgrade? yes. but I can handle my driving around the oem clutch limits.

hope this helps.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I wanted a manual but DSG was the only one they had thanks though!
you have to get the DSG tune to handle the extra torque the car will be putting out without the tune on the DSG you will bump into the torque limit set in the DSG. The DSG is a very well built transmission it's almost as if VW overbuilt it because they had issues with previous versions of it. i have a 2012 TDI with a stage 2 tune and the DSG tune and love it.

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
you have to get the DSG tune to handle the extra torque the car will be putting out without the tune on the DSG you will bump into the torque limit set in the DSG. The DSG is a very well built transmission it's almost as if VW overbuilt it because they had issues with previous versions of it. i have a 2012 TDI with a stage 2 tune and the DSG tune and love it.
Thanks that's the answer I've been looking for :D

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
instead of pointing you in 100 different directions and telling you to search, you can keep asking your questions here and I will help as best I can.

I am running stage 3.5 on OEM clutch with 101,088 miles. do I need a clutch upgrade? yes. but I can handle my driving around the oem clutch limits.

hope this helps.
Yeah that does I was wondering and do you have a exhaust setup? Like aftermarket?

JettaGang

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Dsg
How long did you run it without a dsg tune