Anyone plastidip their stock wheels?

jmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6MT
If you have, I would appreciate seeing pictures of how they turned out. Also, will I mess up the plastidip putting the wheels back on the car?

Stibz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2009 Jetta
I don't think it will hold up very well on wheels, especially if you do a lot of driving. Once a rock/pebble or some other road debris rips a whole in it, it's just going to look like crap unless your constantly carrying a can of plastidip with you.

erose

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
i have plastidip-ed my wheels and my brake calipers and honestly i still think they look good. there hasn't been much snow in chicago so not a lot of salt on the road so they're holding up well. i do a lot of highway driving and no chips so far. i will post a pic later when i get a chance. if i were to redo it i would just leave the wheels on the car. youtube plastidipmycar and they show you how to protect the rest of your car while spraying the wheels

canada_man

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Highline w/Fender & Nav
I used to be a tacoma owner and many people in that community plastidipped their wheels. They held out surprisingly well. Very few issues with chips etc.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
my wheels have 30,000 on them since i plasti dipped them and they still look mint....and for 15 bux cant go wrong

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I don't think it will hold up very well on wheels, especially if you do a lot of driving. Once a rock/pebble or some other road debris rips a whole in it, it's just going to look like crap unless your constantly carrying a can of plastidip with you.

Well, you'd be thinking incorrectly. Plasti Dip holds up quite well on wheels, I have it on my 4x4 that I beat up and down logging roads without any issues of chips or peeling. I even had a tire remounted and I had a couple tiny spots to touch up.