2006 TDI Jetta Rear Ended

TDICube

Veteran Member
Our less then 2 month old 2006 TDI Jetta got rear ended last night. The body panel below the rear tail lights, thin black bumper, and panel below the bumper is either dented or scratched up. Does anyone know how the body shop will fix it? Will they replace the panels or try to fix the dented/scratched ones? We love this car! Any ideas on the choice between a body shop or the dealer's collision center? What is the insurance is responsible to pay? No one was hurt and I was glad that I was in the Jetta with the great safety rating. Feel for us. 38 mpg around town!

Thanks in advance,

TDICube

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
For a brand new car, I would demand a NEW bumber cover. Also, when the old one is removed there may be hidden damage revealed under it. More replacements may be necessary. Usually, its the person that does the rear ending that gets cited. Payment should come from his/her insurance, if insured.

You may want to take the check, buy the replacement bumper cover and install it yourself. This may leave you with a little extra cash. If you discover additional damage, you could take the car to a body shop for repair. Good luck.

--Nate