Diesel Purge and Cleaning the Injector pump

Warjo

TDI
Jetta TDI 2001 Black
A question or two for the fine people on this forum. I posted a while back about my car surging and stuttering and i have seemed to narrow it down to something wrong in the Injector Pump. I was wondering what is recommended to try and clean it out. I was told once to try a diesel purge through the system, although I forget the actual product name.

I have ran a bottle of standadine through my engine (via the gas tank) and it seemed to have helped quite abit.

What are the best cleaners to use to try to flush out my injectors and injector pump?

Thanks

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
When was the last time you had a new filter put on, if you do not know put a new one on and while your at it fill the filter half with diesel and half with the cleaner then replace the new filter.....standadines as good as any.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Lubromoly diesel purge. Do a search on how to do it. But the short answer is clip the plastic spout off the can once you open it. (you might want to put the contents in another container while doing this.) remove the fuel lines from the filter and insert both into the can. Wedge between the intercooler pipe and the washer bottle with a towel. Run the engine at varying RPM's until the can is empty. About 20 minutes. It will help a great deal.

meetis

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta silver
tdiparts.com sells diesel purge and i think it comes with a kit so you can hook it right up to the hose (not sure if it comes with a kit but basically you want that to go in directly to the pump )

Warjo

TDI
Jetta TDI 2001 Black
Thank folks, very much appreciated. Tonight i am going to pick up a new fuel filter and replace that to make sure i am starting all fresh (not sure when it was replaced if ever) and then purge the system with some cleaner/lubricator. Hopefully solves my problem without having to get my pump replaced which would be big $$ I don't really have heh.