Help! Need to swap 5 spd for Auto

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hi, I'm in a dilemma of sorts. I have an 06 TDI with package 1, 14K miles, dark blue/anthracite leather, and a 5 speed.
I was injured and going forward I will need to begin driving an automatic. Not wanting to give up my TDI, I am having a hard time finding a dealer who has the 06 TDI's in automatic in my area. Anyone know of one in the VA/MD/DC/NC area that I can buy without paying a huge premium? Understandably, there's a lot of supply and demand. I'd like to have another 06 TDI with package 1 preferably, used or new, but it has to be auto. I would imagine I shouldn't have too much problem selling my 5 spd, it's in perfect condition. Thanks!!

Thanks!!!
Ruth:)

torifile

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 BMW 335D
Hi Ruth.

Have you called Southern States VW of Durham (NC)? Last month they were expecting several autos in pkg. 1 in Sept. George is the sales manager there. Nice guy. But he's a dealer, so he'll try fleece you on the trade. You ought to think about a private sale separately from the new car purchase (if you can swing it). Also, there's Leith VW in Cary that had a few TDIs on the lot. These guys are a bunch of swindlers who will lowball you so bad on your trade you'd like to punch them in the nose, but if you're desperate...

George's email address is ggrgich@ssvwofdurham.net

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Ruth,

On the Vortex, there is a thread called "Ask a VW salesmaen thread". One of the members, TURBOPAUL, has the ability to locate what cars are ordered/located/being built etc anywhere in the United States. He is well respected on that board and will usually respond to your question within the day. Good luck, heal quick!

Ian

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2626985

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Thanks to both of you all for the info. I'll definitely look into both of these angles. Seems like every dealership in VA has plenty of gassers, but hehe, who would want that?! :) Much appreciated!