2013 production

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It's already beyond the cutoff date for ordering a 2012 model. As for actual start-of-production, normally that will be August or thereabouts. There is no major model change, so there is no reason for the start of production date to differ from the norm.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
From what I've read, there's no big difference in the 2012-2013 models other than offering a backup camera and...I wanna say parking sensors. Remember, VW keeps the same body style for a good 6-7 years.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
From what I've read, there's no big difference in the 2012-2013 models other than offering a backup camera and...I wanna say parking sensors. Remember, VW keeps the same body style for a good 6-7 years.
Manual climate control on S and SE models and rear air vents on the SEL (only?).

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Will it come with the original silent side view mirrors, or the noisy 2012.5 and later Jetta like mirrors? One can only wonder.

ColoradoDriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 2012 Candy White Passat TDI SEL. Sold back to VW. Now: Only gas vehicles, including 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
Will it come with the original silent side view mirrors, or the noisy 2012.5 and later Jetta like mirrors? One can only wonder.
Our late-year 2012 Passat TDI SEL has the changed mirrors--and no wind noise. Do not know where you are coming from with your assertion.

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
I ordered on May 29... mine is a 2013 SE TDI 6M. My dealer noted to me that changeover will be in July. I would anticipate a delivery to my dealer at or around the 2nd or 3rd week of August. I'm optimistic folks... but also a realist. If it doesn't happen... I'm flexible to a point. If things don't work out... I get my $500 deposit back, and then move on with life.

Last edited:

11psiGSR

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
First post.

Just pre-ordered a 2013 Passat TDI SEL yesterday. Our first VW.

Very friendly local dealer still says they have no official pricing information or ETA. We are hoping to have the car by September.

How is VW's typical communication during this process? With the Chattanooga plant only 90 minutes or so from my house, it sucks they won't allow delivery at the factory.