Faulty gas pedal SW? (P0122)

redbaron58p

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I've been trying to get to the bottom of a never ending P0122 on my 06 Jetta.

I was about to replace the pedal switch itself, but I followed a test I found online which says to check for 4.5 volts on pins 1/5 and 2/3 - which checked out okay.

I don't have VAG, but I do have a regular OBD tool with real-time readings for many sensors. When I look at the throttle value, it is always nearly pegged over 94 percent, regardless of pedal position, engine running, or even if I unplug the pedal switch entirely. Makes no difference. I honestly don't see how the car is even drivable this way...

So this has me thinking it is the wire between the ECU and the pedal switch, although, even that may not be a correct assumption given that the voltage test appears to pan out.

I followed the wire from the pedal as far as I can up under the dash, where it joins other wires and continues up to (I assume) one of those rubber junctions behind the battery that then goes up under the wiper plenum?

Does anyone know where the wires go, and if there's a pinout for the ECU plug I can use to test these?