I just Purchased A 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.
After having my 2016 Golf TSI (Gasser) totaled by a deer,then 2 weeks later my 96 ford ranger was yet again met with a deer and totaled as well. Can I say it been a deer of a month for me. I wanted to find a Manual 2015/2014 TDI and after some hard thinking, I went the 2015 route on a 2015 Passat SE Manual !! with 14,800 miles on it. The car is in excellent shape and looks like it lived in CO. ,no hail damage on it as well. After my purchase, the dealer did do the phase 2 fix on it and replaced the sending unit on it as well as all the fuel rail lines and braces. The car has lots of get up and go and will see what FE looks like when I fill it up and I'm glad I was about to find this in my own back yard with out the 9+ hours to drive and hope it is what is when I arrive to see a car.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Congratulations on the new ride! I'm totally happy with my 2015. It's had Phase I so far but, from what I'm hearing, I won't be disappointed after Phase II.

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.
Thanks guys, I had to get the dealer to clean up under the motor cover as rodents had a field day in it , took 3 motor washes and air drying to get it clean also they has to replace all 4 injector lines and braces.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Got Diesel,

just stay away from where the deer and the antelope play and you'll be alright.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
What's ironic is my first drive out in the car since it arrived at the house today I saw a deer standing in the road and shortly thereafter her fawn followed behind. Almost every day I drive through areas that should be riddled with deer, but I don't see them (driving near dawn). Today just past noon this happened. If I knew without a doubt that deer whistles worked I'd be buying a set right now.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
my cars have all been totaled by druggies, one lady was so high she blew a stop sign T boned me into the rear door and totaled my civic then 6 weeks later another guy faded on H and floored his chevy avalanche into the trunk of my parked TDI Passat sending it over a ledge, we found him passed out with the rear wheels spinning at the rev limiter until the engine overheated and locked up when the police arrived! I had to chip in 2k for them not to total it :eek: no fun! Then after picking up my fixed Passat I was leaving the auto body shop and a wrong way driver almost took my front end off, thankfully a pedestrian yelled at me to watch out when the guy shot down the sidewalk @ 40MPH from my right! My friend works for state farm and said after the legalization of weed the accident rates have quadrupled in Oregon! I need a dash cam because every single day I see at least 2-5 crazy ass things, today it was a guy going 20 in the left lane of interstate 84 in a old unibody ford truck and another driver chugging a 40 and hitting a crack pipe at a stop light. Google zip code 97216 for the $h!t hole I drive threw everyday

Last edited:

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I don't think weed would cause the driving behavior you mentioned. Heroin, crack, alcohol OTOH...

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
the dealer did do the phase 2 fix on it

I thought the phase 2 wasn't supposed to be completed until after at least 40k miles with the intention of making the system last the specified 150k miles. Did I read my paperwork wrong?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
False. There is a phase 2a and a phase 2b. The 2a, which is a flash and the new sensor is done at any time, and typically immediately. The 2b is the DPF replacement that is 40K or more . . .

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
False. There is a phase 2a and a phase 2b. The 2a, which is a flash and the new sensor is done at any time, and typically immediately. The 2b is the DPF replacement that is 40K or more . . .
Thank you.

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Congrats to the OP! I couldn't find any good ones near me, so finally gave up and went with a DSG this past weekend. Have a feeling I'll really miss the manual, but my wife wanted me to get a car she could also drive.

Dan C.

TDI
15 Passat SEL
Congrats to the OP! I couldn't find any good ones near me, so finally gave up and went with a DSG this past weekend. Have a feeling I'll really miss the manual, but my wife wanted me to get a car she could also drive.

I've put over half a mil on VW manuals. The DSG is the first 'automatic' that has swayed me away from the cog flogger.