Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
I was using the VAG-COM today and on Measuring Block Group 013 I'm indicating:

Cyl #1 .4 mg/R
Cyl #2 -.9 mg/R
Cyl #3 .1 mg/R
Cyl #4 .4 mg/R

I understand the the min/max is -2/+2. What are others seeing on their engine in this group? Is my #2 cylinder something to be concerned with? 2002 Golf GL 5 spd.

Denis

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
I know that these figures are all calculated off of #3 cylinder, it being the one with the lift sensor. Checking the timing using the new TDI timing graph, mine floats quite a bit. Could this imbalance be indicative of this?

Denis

Eric Maurier

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia '01, TDI 90
I know that these figures are all calculated off of #3 cylinder, it being the one with the lift sensor
No, that's totally unrelated. The idle speed smooth running control is based on the crankshaft speed sensor, which acts sort of like a wheel speed sensor. It supplies 4 signals per crankshaft revolution, and the ECU mesures the time between each of these signals. If one interval is shorter than the others, the matching cylinder is putting too much power out, and its fuel delivery will be reduced. Longer interval means more fuel needed.
So when you see a negative number, it means a cylinder is more efficient than the others.

gelly

TDI
Audi A4 tdi 1.9 110ps ,1998,dark-blue
help ?!

why does the vag-com displays an empty field at the cyl n° 4 ???

bytheway, where is the crankshaft speed sensor located ?

Eric Maurier

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia '01, TDI 90
Hi,
on B4 engines (which you have, AFN, right?) the figures are the differences compared to cyl #3. 1st field is between #4 and #3, 2nd field is between #2 and #3, 3rd field is between #1 and #3. No point in a 4th field as it would constantly display 0.
The engine speed sender is located on the clutch side of your engine, there's a sender wheel on the end of the crankshaft.