fuses and warning displays

DaveBBoxster

TDI
Golf Mk5
I have a simple question about the TDi Golf Mk5 fuses.
As they are on the right in UK spec cars are they actually a "mirror image" of those shown in the handbook (this shows L/H Drive car fuses)? So fuse 1 on diagram is where 6 is in the UK car...There is no fuse card on box cover and the handbook diagram doesn't match view of UK car fuse box near the drivers seat. HAVE LOOKED ON LOTS OF FORUMS AND GOOGLE SEARCHED BUT NOBODY HAS A COPY OF UK FUSE LAYOUT!
I also managed to get the airbag warning light on dash by removing / checking fuses with car running, trying to see if fuses were blown and if items failed on fuse removal.
All this started whilst renewing a N/S Rear door lock, with a second hand part, the central locking still didn't lock the whole car (it then stopped locking the O/S Drivers door on the remote key) so I decided to remove battery negative/earth to reset the ECU...Not a good idea! How do you reset the car ECU on a Golf?
The car still wouldn't lock fully on the key remote but the rear lock was now working again. But the dash display had steering assist yellow warning light. The steering worked fine but wouldn't reset itself.
So I now have got a car with warnings on dash for; Steering power assist, ABS, Traction control and Air bag...The ABS and Traction control warning were there when I bought it from my son.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I wish vw had put a diagram in their owners manual. I have a saved copy to the notes section on my iPad, because they are hard to find. There are several floating around the forum here but all for the North American version.