Second Annual MD GTG/Cookout, 7/27 Provinces Park

VW_Crumpet

TDI
La Crumpet
Last year we had over 50 cars throughout the day!

For those of you not familiar, it's just off 100, 32 and 95/295.

It's a brand-new huge park with baseball, soccer, football fields and basketball and tennis courts pic-nic tables and grilling areas. Anyone want to volunteer to bring a grill/accoutrements? Dogs on leashes are welcome too! (Sorry, no alcohol or burnouts/autoX/racing in the park )

Tons of parking to show off the cars.

Last weekend in July, Saturday the 27th, 12 noon.

TDIers, make a showing!

Driving Directions

PROVINCES PARK
Provinces Park is located on Disney Road, Severn. Baseball fields is at the very back of the park.

From Annapolis: Take I97 North to MD 100 West, Exit Arundel Mills Blvd Make a left back under MD 100 and make a left at the 2nd Light, Ridge Road MD 713 toward Fort Meade. Go approximately 2 miles and make left at MD 175. The next stoplight is Disney Road (at Denny's), make a left, Provinces Park is located 1/4 mile on the left.

From Crofton: Take MD 3 North to MD 32 West toward Columbia. Take MD 32 West to MD 175 West toward Fort Meade. Take MD 175 approximately 3 miles past Fort Meade and just past Meade High School. At the next stoplight is Disney Road, turn RIGHT (At the Denny's), Provinces Park is approximately 1/4 mile on the left.

From Everywhere else (DC/VA): Take 95 or 295 towards Baltimore. Take 100 East towards Glen Burnie. Exit Arundel Mills Blvd and make a left at the 2nd Light, Ridge Road MD 713 toward Fort Meade. Go approximately 2 miles and make left at MD 175. The next stoplight is Disney Road (at Denny's), make a left, Provinces Park is located 1/4 mile on the left.

(original Post: http://www.clubdub.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5383)

wbill

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf gl 3dr TRed
I may even be in town that weekend, won't that be nice. And I do need a reason NOT to mow the grass anyway...

wbill

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I should be able to make this one. Sounds like fun

Lito

MEL?
RON LEE?
VolksViggen?
CHAD?
BERNIE?

GUYS????

[ June 17, 2002, 14:32: Message edited by: tongsli ]

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Hey, I'll be there and most likely I can convince the wife to let me bring the new addition (not here quite yet, but hopefully this week some time). That means she will come along too, but then you get to meet the infamous Ms. Mikeyworks!!!!! (the true owner of the Green Machine).

I'll volunteer my home-made salsa right now, and maybe a pack of Johnsonville Brats too!!!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Infamous?

What if we already like Mrs. Mikeyworks more than Mr. Mikeyworks??

Like you said, it is after all HER car

Lito

[ June 18, 2002, 10:19: Message edited by: tongsli ]

diesel#2

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2004.5 Passat Variant (sold), 2000 Golf (still in family), 1998 jetta (RIP)
count me in! maybe the family this time too-- the other half is itching for a jetta wagon tdi and longs to come to one of these GTGs to meet other tdi-heads. Anyone else bringing kids? (our son is 9).
Chad

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Oh, I see how it is Lito...maybe I'll just stay in the car and pout :-D Just kidding.

Just as an update...no baby yet...and boy are we anxious

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Originally posted by VW_Crumpet:
(Sorry, no alcohol or burnouts/autoX/racing in the park )
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Burnouts? I dont know anybody who would engage in such childish activity! Definently no vdubbers!

volksviggen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS ,blue
Hey, I can make this one!

Guess I can deal with the burnout restriction

Can I try a chipped car?

K

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Kmonster,

No. You aren't allowed to chip that car
You might go too fast and get a speeding ticket

Maybe someone with a smartbox will come and you could try that as well.

Lito

[ June 19, 2002, 14:44: Message edited by: tongsli ]

leemon

I'll be there! First gathering actually. My '02 Golf is still stock, but I love to see what everyone else has done to theirs!

Lee

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by tomo366:
I will check my Schedule, A bunch of Vortexers coming?
If so I don't know........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh don't worry about those Vortexers...just come on out and hang with everybody

I'm there for sure!!!!!

If anyone needs any HP let me know, I can always bring the goods

[ June 21, 2002, 19:06: Message edited by: sonnylowe ]

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
vOrTEX OOwnz yOO ToMo!

you'll be there, and you know it. you can't miss a gtg this close to home.

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by VW_Crumpet:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Groundhog1248:
Anyone going to be there to do upsolute chips?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, not this time, sorry!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I will be there, if it's okay with VW_Crumpet I'll bring the chipping tools, and be more than happy give you the "Treatment"

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by tomo366:
Sonny you deal with Vortexers all the time and you know where it leads!......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I do, and I have to say I have never encountered this behavior at any of my GTGs, I must add, I have seen it at others though. It is all in good fun, but can get dangerous when people are reckless. Tomo, I would suggest showing up, seeing where things are going, and getting the hell out out of there if it gets out of hand. We would all like to see each other & hang out...even if it's only for a little while

[ June 22, 2002, 15:07: Message edited by: sonnylowe ]

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The Reason I said that, last year this GTG was 90-10 Vortexers to TDIers and as you can imagine very quickly turned in to burn-out contests in a Private park and escalated to Illegal drag racing at a local industrial park then moved on to a Party in a Different county where 2 Vortexers were nearly killed when the splayed there car all over a telephone pole!
This is not my Idea of a fun GTG!
Sonny you deal with Vortexers all the time and you know where it leads!......

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
How to upgrade your Jetta 1.8T to a pile of beautiful scrap, while scaring the #%%^# out of everyone having a nice party!

Step#1: Show up at a Vortex GTG all polished and pretty!

Step#2: Nail a power line pole head on at ~120mph

Step#3: Sideswipe a tree after removing 7ft section from powerpole

Easy!

Ah well, it was an excellent GTG last year, and this occured long after at a birthday party. Hopefully this years gtg will be even more fun without the drama of last year.

[ June 24, 2002, 01:37: Message edited by: car 54 ]

VW_Crumpet

TDI
La Crumpet
Hey you guys! I found out that our friend Sonny will be coming, so as long as we can get some cover, he can do as many chippings as he likes

As for the burnouts, etc. you know I didn't condone that last year, and asked them to stop. I've warned everyone that this year there will be none of that.

I want this to be a nice, relaxing day for VW enthusiasts! Hope you'll all be there!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know that Mel(golfstream) is going to be busy that weekend, otherwise he'd be there too.

Lito

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
As it stands it looks like I'll be between trips to Europe for work, so it looks like I will be there. Hopefully my new Injectors, ECU & oil-cooler will be here by then.. so I can have a 110 HP AHF motor...

Saw too many 130HP TDI's in the Netherlands....

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Volksviggen,

DO NOT bring money for an Upsolute treatment

Trying that reverse psychology

Lito