Displays do not turn off

txv5181

TDI
1997 Passat TDI
I am a new member. I got a 1997 passat TDI last month, when I turn off the engine and pull out the key; my clock, odometer and trip odometer stay on. I think I have a short and try to figure out how to get it turn off because it drains my battery. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
If you jiggle the ignition before pulling the key does it ever go off? I would start by looking for a problem with the ignition switch.

txv5181

TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Robert Beecher responded that "All of that stays on. You must have something else draining your battery" so maybe that how it is supposed to be.
Thank you for the help/

Mika2321

TDI
2000 tdi volkswagon jetta
going nuts

hi i have a tdi jetta 2000, and its driving me nuts i cant e test it because the engine light is on, it reads the code kpw2000 and also is09141. my machanic told me a piece in the fuel pump is not working properly. the car runs nice and is amazing on gas. he wants to charge me 1000 bucks for a new fuel pump and to install it wich is crazy for me to pay especially right now cuz i just bought it..... is that really the problim and if so is there a way to pass emmissions with it

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
What were the codes read with? kpw2000 isn't a code either, 09141 sounds like one but I can't find any listing for it

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
FYI:

KWP2000 is the KeyWordProtocol - an application layer diagnostics protocol. There are two common variants - KWP1281 and KWP2000. Both are used by VAG in different products.

ISO9141 describes the physical and data link layers for K and K/L wire diagnostic links.

ISO11898 describes the CAN data bus.

Also, it's good etiquette/best practice to start a new thread. Responding to an existing thread with a new question is "hijacking" and is not a good way to get attention. Use the "New Thread" button to post your question in its own thread.