MK5 interchangeability engine and seats

tadpole517

TDI
2001 VW jetta
What are the problems with taking the bare engine (block and up) out of a Automatic 2006 TDI BRM with a DSG and putting it into a manual again 2006 TDI BRM.

Also does anyone know if one can take the passenger seat heated leather (foam, heater leather, etc) and put it on the driver's side seat?
I'm getting a parts car and the driver's side leather is cracked just like mine, but the passenger is fine.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
What are the problems with taking the bare engine (block and up) out of a Automatic 2006 TDI BRM with a DSG and putting it into a manual again 2006 TDI BRM.

Also does anyone know if one can take the passenger seat heated leather (foam, heater leather, etc) and put it on the driver's side seat?

I'm getting a parts car and the driver's side leather is cracked just like mine, but the passenger is fine.
The engine will swap right over. It's the same engine. The seat on the other hand won't work, since these seats have an airbag in them and they are specific to the side. You can't swap the sides. Those cars are common enough that you may be able to find a seat on car-part.com or at a local pick and pull.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk