Diesel purge help!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Trying to perform a diesel purge on my 2014 touareg tdi. The fuel filter lines are vm, vt, and rm. I cant find anyone who's done this. Not sure which line goes where.

I've pulled fuse 13 from under the hood which is the fuel pump? I've done this on all my mk4s, but no clue what goes where on the touareg.

The line from vm is going into the bottle. The line from rm is going into the bottle with an inline filter. Vm and rm are connected via tube on filter housing. This obviously isnt working.

I got some bad diesel a few weeks ago. Hoping this fixes things.

Thanks!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
The '14 Touareg in tank pump is providing the high pressure to HPFP instead of a separate booster pump like the older Touareg. You need that for it to run.

Best suggestion is to run rig very low on fuel, then fill with as much diesel purge as you plan on using, run on that for 30 minutes, then go fuel up the rig.

Or just overdose the diesel purge into a couple tanks of fuel.

Jason

maddhy

TDI
2011 Passat Estate 1.6 TDI CAYC
I think it has two return lines: 1 to the filter, 1 to the tank. You should hook the supply line to the one that returns to the tank instead of the filter.

Trying to perform a diesel purge on my 2014 touareg tdi. The fuel filter lines are vm, vt, and rm. I cant find anyone who's done this. Not sure which line goes where.
I've pulled fuse 13 from under the hood which is the fuel pump? I've done this on all my mk4s, but no clue what goes where on the touareg.
The line from vm is going into the bottle. The line from rm is going into the bottle with an inline filter. Vm and rm are connected via tube on filter housing. This obviously isnt working.
I got some bad diesel a few weeks ago. Hoping this fixes things.
Thanks!