Maintenance Indicator 2006 Jetta TDI

tarpvw

TDI
2006 TDI
I used to get a reminder every 3000mi w/ regards to maintenance on my 2006 TDI Jetta. It would pop up on the display when you turned on the car. It was great as a reminder to change the oil. The clock was losing time and the dealership replaced the instrument cluster to fix the issue and now I don't get the reminder for service anymore. We returned to the dealership who then told us that our model 2006 Jetta TDI does not come with a maintenance indicator notification indicator?
We would not have known what to ask about it in the first place if it hadn't reminded us for the past 4 years but the dealership insists it was not an option. Has anyone come across this or does someone out there have a 2006 Jetta TDI with a service indicator?

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none
You have one but oil changes should be 10k miles. They probably changed the value for the cluster so that the warning doesn't come up for a long, long time.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
All you need to fix your little problem is VCDS and 5 minutes of your time.

tooreal

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI, 5-speed Manual, package 1, DOM 10/06. Tinted windows, Rear Spoiler, Reflex Silver
My wrench pops up every 3k and I was told by the dealer that it was for the gas models. TDI's have oil changed every 10k, they showed me how to turn it off. You hold the mileage reset button & or the minute button while turning the ignition to the accessory mode? I cant remember exactly but I always get it turned off if I tinker with it enough.