wastegate actuator clevis with oversized brass bushing?

Alec.wiebe

TDI
2001 VW Golf TDI automatic
Hi
The brass bushing that goes over the wastegate rod is worn out and the wastegate rod is also worn down a bit. Is there somewhere I can buy a clevis with an oversized bushing?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Wastegate?:confused: Are we talking a TDI? If so, maybe you're talking about the turbo actuator? Need more clarification.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Are we talking a TDI? If so, maybe you're talking about the turbo actuator?
Assuming he is talking about the 2001 TDI in his profile, he'd be talking about the VNT actuator rod...and the "brass bushing" would be where the turbo VNT lever arm passes through...which is a heim joint really.:)

He could buy a new adjuster...but if I was going in there to do that job, I'd personally replace the whole actuator for what it's worth.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Waste...ash=item589444fef6:g:JoEAAMXQkl9RZyez&vxp=mtr

Alec.wiebe

TDI
2001 VW Golf TDI automatic
Hi
Yes the heim joint is what I'm talking about. The actuator is is seized on there with rusted bolts and rounded heads. I think the last owner attempted to replace it but used the wrong sockets. I'm going to replace the adjuster first. Any idea on where to buy one??

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
youre canadian... shoot EMF rod ends an email. they are the KING of heim joints and anything like that. not sure if they do small stuff like that though.. worth a try. theyre in Calgary and are recognized worldwide.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
PB Blaster the nuts 2 times a day for 3 or 4 days and try a small pipe wrench or vice grips to get them off.
Try tightening them a bit also, working them back & forth.
Don't know if a small nut splitter would get on those.