videos from tonight during and after dyno.

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
lord thunderin! thats pretty hardcore!

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
sounds mean. time to get a boost gauge from a truck

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Rover96 said:
Something doesn't look right with those vids. Also, how do you get your car to sound like that?
Put down the purse and cut that exhaust off in favor of something a little more manly :D

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Last edited:

philipwight

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Jetta
the trans is a 3.6 final with a 1.029 4th instead of .971 which is stock in the tdi. car has r32 wheels on it 225/40/18. they are pretty tall. over 25 inches.

I figured i would use as much gear as i could. dont think the car will be trapping 140mph in the 1/4. i will get it out to the track one day. this car isnt so much built to be a track car as it was built for a fun freeway car. my R32 is what i am building for a track car.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
jsrmonster said:
sounds like a monster. Your mph seems 10mph lower than oem tx at 5500rpms. You running 195's or shorter FD? or, impulses set high in cluster? Get it to the track before it blows - hehe.

Jeff

btw I like this boost gage: http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3152&sid=11
this one is extreme: http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3477&sid=11
I like this one :D... http://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/Index.html

I will have to make some videos sometime...

philipwight

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Jetta
this is what i have. the top right display is for boost. you can use any sensor that you have the calibrations for. right now i have an AEM 5 bar map sensor installed just dont have it wired right now. AEM has anothere sensor that i could use that goes to 150psi. but i dont think i need that. the mechanical guage i was using is just hanging out in the cabin. just used it to get started.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
philipwight said:
this is what i have. the top right display is for boost. you can use any sensor that you have the calibrations for. right now i have an AEM 5 bar map sensor installed just dont have it wired right now. AEM has anothere sensor that i could use that goes to 150psi. but i dont think i need that. the mechanical guage i was using is just hanging out in the cabin. just used it to get started.

Nice!! sounds very strong.

turbo johan

Veteran Member
You're crasy.. i like that :D
I don't think head gasket will hold this boost long with stock CR..
Engine sounds nice :cool:

Johan

philipwight

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Jetta
yeah i have been told that i push the envelope many times.

i know where they sell head gaskets..... lol

and thanks. i just wish you could hear the turbo whistle!

now if only i could get more fuel. anyone have hints. no 14mm pump.

philipwight

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Jetta
what are the largest nozzle u know of?

i am not familiar with that cam plate? what is it out of?

EDIT:
nevermind cam plate is from 11mm pump. That is what it has. i already have the largest nozzle that i know of that is made by bosio.

Last edited:

philipwight

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Jetta
yeah.... dont think it will work well at 6000 rpm.

anyone know where to get the gasket for the timing advance cover?

Last edited:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I know that at least older versions of DSS ultime were around 0.28mm compared to 0.26 (stated) of Bosio. I got over 20hp more with those on the rollers when we tested. ~2.4+bar of boost ;) And alot of smoke. Too bad those werent mine.

I might test the 7 hole race nozzles just for quriosity even tough I dont think they will give that much more over the 5 hole versions. What we would need would be 8X0.23 or something in that balpark. I was actually told that nozzles like that existed but with bit different spray angle. Havent heared of those after that so they might be just for dreaming.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
7 hole flow plenty more than normal R520, at 210hp with 12mm head you hve around 3.5v at the pump ;)