Hold on, uh, what just happened? I just bought a V10 too!

NoobyT

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Brembo don't make any friction materials themselves - they get PAGID [VW OEM] to make their pads for them. You'll see PAGID stamped in the steel backing.

Blownvette

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Corvette with V10TDI ,2004 (2)V10TDI’s
Your mistaken in this application. It is a V10 only part they don't have Touareg applications other than V10.

RSMS

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
04 T-REG V-10 as a driver but too many others to list and always changing
I was always under the impression that Pagid was the manufacturer for the OEM VW's and for Brembo. I think I remember reading that these are the same pads that come on a Ferrari 458 also. I use them on both my V10 t-reg and my wife's pepper S and are very happy with them performance wise. They do make lots of dust but it's all a give and take. I've also used the Zimmerman rotors and been happy with those

Blownvette

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Corvette with V10TDI ,2004 (2)V10TDI’s
That's not a v10 pad! We are talking apples and oranges.... the front caliber is different on the v10 and that is what we are discussing. I'm sure you are correct on whatever you are referencing...

NoobyT

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I wasn't suggesting this photo was for any particular model even though it has a Touareg part number!

I posted it to demonstrate that, as others have found, when you buy Brembo boxed pads you will probably see the PAGID stamp in the steel back plate because Brembo don't make friction materials themselves as they concentrate on components such as calipers, rotors and brake pipes.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
We started calling her Mariah Carey.

Did the hard runs, got the towing module working again (that took some work!), sweating profusely and got everything ready for our camping trip. Out the door by 1pm
Went on the camping trip for Father's day, and an hour out she started acting up again. She really hated the traffic on the 15. I was hoping towing the trailer was gonna clear out any more soot, but we just couldn't wind it out. Clearing the codes wouldn't even give me a hint of boost and we were slowing down WOT up the grade. We parked the trailer at a park and ride, and drove an hour and a half back home to pick up the jetta. 10 minutes from home, the Touareg started acting just fine. Full boost, full power, no more codes. The wife and I were pretty much yelling at the Touareg at this point.

Went back for the trailer in the horrible weekend traffic, Ironically, I was hoping the trailer didn't get towed away by the time we got there. The Jetta towed it nicely to the camp site in the very cool dark evening. What's an extra 4 hours?

Drove the Touareg on and off for 4-5 different days and and even towed the trailer to the park. Its working absolutely fine now. Codes haven't returned, readiness cleared, and I even got the smog done finally.

Mariah, you are too much.