Another ALH in a Jeep XJ

BrianF3D

TDI
Jeep XJ 1.9 swap WIP and 2014 JSW tdi 6 speed
Hey guys, I've been lurking around gathering tons of info. But now I think its time I posted up my own timeline of things to come.

This project has been getting my well needed attention lately.

The Basic build:

Started with an ALH with ~270xxx miles, decided to start taking it apart checking clearances and giving it a refresh which made way for a complete and utter overkill rebuild. Twas not my intent but we'll see where it goes.

Engine fully stripped Shot peened , POR15 engine enamel. Bored out to fit .5 over Nural ASV's with IE tuscan rods. Bit of an overkill on the bottom end..
New AMC head. Lots of new parts. LOTS of cleaning and painting.
The ECU was purchased with a stage 3 malone tune. But definitely will need to be fine tuned with the new pistons.The project is still early, But Hopefully will be up and running in the coming months.

here are some pictures. .

Last edited:

BrianF3D

TDI
I have a machine shop we take our cars to they did all my work. 80mm bore finish hone with torque plate and 0.015" clearance.

BrianF3D

TDI
Welded up the pedal bracket. Installed clutch pedal/master cylinder. Does anyone know the throw of the accelerator pedal between the bumpstop and the bracket should be? I have about 1 inch of travel.

BrianF3D

TDI

Did a shiftier relocation / Shorter throw, I Needed to set my shiftier back about 4 inches to be comfortable, But bending the shiftier only would have changed the angle of the throw. This was a much better solution.

Cleaned up my interior a bit and changed my seat foam and cover.

Got my custom wiring harness From fastforward.ca Thanks David, you took what looked like a headache to me and made it look great.

Started my intercooler piping, Waiting on some coupliers.

Did a battery tray setup for multiple batteries.

Last edited:

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Very interested!.. looks great!....what adapter and clutch did you use? what ratio in axles? how does it drive? mpg ? power? i noticed custom radiator where did you source it? intercooler mounting?
Thanks,
Deo