www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > OBD Scanners

OBD Scanners Discussions on using On Board Diagnostic (OBD) scanners/ Diagnostic Equipment related to TDIs

Old June 1st, 2020, 09:54   #1
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Default clearing dtc's with vcds..please help..

My wife's 2013 passat battery apparently is having a battery/charging issue.. anyway she was trying to start the car with a low battery and we know that can cause ALL sorts of dtc's.. dozens of them! ( after a full auto vcds scan, NOT obd scan)..Not a problem clearing them on a earlier/other models...when I try to clear all of them (clear all dtc's button)..eventually shows "professional grade interface required" ?? I have the ross tech MICRO CAN dongle..Shouldn't I be able to clear all the dtc's from the full scan? Or am I having a senior moment?? (62yrs) LOL..or am I doing something wrong for real?..Thanx for any help..

Last edited by forrest resto`s; June 1st, 2020 at 10:12.
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2020, 10:48   #2
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest resto`s View Post
My wife's 2013 passat battery apparently is having a battery/charging issue.. anyway she was trying to start the car with a low battery and we know that can cause ALL sorts of dtc's.. dozens of them! ( after a full auto vcds scan, NOT obd scan)..Not a problem clearing them on a earlier/other models...when I try to clear all of them (clear all dtc's button)..eventually shows "professional grade interface required" ?? I have the ross tech MICRO CAN dongle..Shouldn't I be able to clear all the dtc's from the full scan? Or am I having a senior moment?? (62yrs) LOL..or am I doing something wrong for real?..Thanx for any help..
I doubt that it's a senior moment. I do not know for sure why you are having this issue but in my experience the "clear all DTCs" doesn't always clear everything. Try going into each controller individually and clearing the faults manually in each controller. It will take a little longer, but it should work.

Have Fun!

Don

JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2020, 11:41   #3
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

Failing that, since you have a genuine interface you get genuine RossTech support.

They have a good reputation for being responsive, and also about wanting to identify actual issues with their product.
Vince Waldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2020, 16:01   #4
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Thanx guys.. will work on a solution..this week..there is dozens of faults..it happens with a dying battery..just have not had this problem with not clearing before..
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:44   #5
jef@rosstech
Associate Ross-Tech Vendor
w/Business number

From the VCDS User's Guide on our web site:

Quote:
[Clear All DTCs]
This function is only available when using a HEX Interface
https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/...n.php#clearall

So to that end, the Micro-CAN does not support that function, you would need to go into each module, one at a time, and clear codes as needed.

Regards.

What should you do first with VCDS? AUTOSCAN!
jef@rosstech is offline   Reply With Quote