Votes: 128 46.0%
  • Docs were rejected, had to resubmit.

Votes: 34 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oregon_rider

TDI
NONE! :-)
For those who have a problem with a co-regsitrant, has anyone had them "reset your account" and what does that do? Just mean you start at step 13 again or do you have to go and get a new tentative date etc? Ie, start at the very beginning?
They were supposed to reset my account as I had the same problem.

It hasn't happened and I am not able to get through to them on the phone today to make a second request.

In my opinion, horrible user interface and process on the website. For example, instead of letting me fix a mis-spelling - they asked for me to submit a new drivers license that matches it. Simply stupid... They won't fix anything on the phone - just reset and 'send you through the gauntlet' again. I don't think they have alot of motivation to make it a smooth process -by asking to resubmit this and that again and resetting some timer each time - they get to delay pay out and hang on to their money for just that much longer.

Whatever thoughts I had of looking at another volkswagen are fading away rather quickly... And I was thinking about it - as I really like my dealer and loved the car...

jeff

Last edited:

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Holy **** that was super quick!

Submitted mine yesterday and didn't expect a response so soon.

Yeah I had to resubmit my DL. Did that yesterday and they've already re-reviewed it and approved. Extremely fast the second time around. I'm all set now.

I suspect that most of this reviewing will start to happen very quickly for everyone - provided there are no extenuating circumstances that would complicate the transaction.

freeman

TDI
2003 JSW, 2009 Jetta sedan, to 2013 Passat SEL
Submitted claim 9/17 and under review still 10/25. Son submitted 9/18 and got his accepted a week ago. Wonder how they pick the claims to look at?

prenvw

TDI
VW sportswagen
They were supposed to reset my account as I had the same problem.

It hasn't happened and I am not able to get through to them on the phone today to make a second request.

In my opinion, horrible user interface and process on the website. For example, instead of letting me fix a mis-spelling - they asked for me to submit a new drivers license that matches it. Simply stupid... They won't fix anything on the phone - just reset and 'send you through the gauntlet' again. I don't think they have alot of motivation to make it a smooth process -by asking to resubmit this and that again and resetting some timer each time - they get to delay pay out and hang on to their money for just that much longer.

Whatever thoughts I had of looking at another volkswagen are fading away rather quickly... And I was thinking about it - as I really like my dealer and loved the car...

jeff
How did you find out you need to "fix" this? Because you didn't upload the additonal DL?
My wife's name is also on our title and registration. But I don't see any place to enter another name during the claim process, unless you are doing it on behalf of someone else.
You could verify this (no place to enter co-owner) by registering again but using a different email address.

butterme

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I scanned my documents with my iphone using the GeniusScan+ app on October 1st. The documents were all accepted October 21st.

My husband and I are both on the title and we do not have a lien.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
I did mine on Oct 12th because I was stuck out of town on a family emegency. They were just accepted, on Oct 25th. Less than 2 weeks is pretty good.

I had no loan and there was only one owner, so it may have been easier than for some reviews.

The site now implies I should get a final offer within 10 days:

We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

imurrx

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Cup Street Edition
I uploaded my docs 14 days ago and still under review. My registration expires this month and just renewed it. Ii bet I get rejected and asked to submit updated registration.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Remember folks, "10 business days" = two weeks.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Right... Mine filed on 9/17!
The clock does not start until on or after the date of the settlement. Because you submitted before the settlement, the date of the settlement (yesterday) is the day your clock started.

camper12

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2013 Passat SEL TDI
Had to resubmit a driver's licence for the Golf TDI. Original submission was scanned to PDF and sent as BW. Just resubmitted the color DL that went in with the Passat submission that has been approved so I should now be good to go!

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I uploaded my docs 14 days ago and still under review. My registration expires this month and just renewed it. Ii bet I get rejected and asked to submit updated registration.
I bet it would get rejected too! :mad: I uploaded all docs on 9/17. I received an email saying "incomplete" due to my registration card address not being current with all other docs on 10/12. I got an updated registration card the same day, resubmitted the upload of the registration on 10/12. It is now 10/26 and my registration says under review :mad::mad::mad::mad: OMG I hate these 3rd Party Claims VW Contractors!!!!

These 3rd Party Claims contractor phone representatives play DUMB all the time when I call. I was on hold 3.5 hrs last night (understandable with a long wait with thousands of people calling) but when it comes time to speak with a representative, they play DUMB all the time, all they could say its being reviewed. They say that every time! My blood pressure gets raised every time I speak to a claims representative. Why did VW even hire them and they do no justice!? I want my "10 Business days" offer, but this can't be started until all docs are approved.

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
Uploaded 9/17
Accepted 10/18
Lien on the vehicle but under the 130% threshold, I may pocket some cash on this deal :-D

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
If anything, it seems like the rate at which they process these things has been going down, not up since the settlement.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Maybe everyone is manning the phones.
Perhaps. The rate at which calls are reportedly coming in is astonishing to me.

I am thinking of another poll this coming weekend with a few new options (and possibly weekly for a while). We will be able to gauge progress in the overall process by seeing how the answers change from one week to the next.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
If anything, it seems like the rate at which they process these things has been going down, not up since the settlement.
The settlement was yesterday. Do you really think one day is enough of a time period to make such an observation?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
The settlement was yesterday. Do you really think one day is enough of a time period to make such an observation?
We used to have maybe 20 a day saying that their docs have been accepted. The rate at which those posts appear has slowed to a trickle.

ecupip

TDI
2012 TDI
Timing could also have to do with each persons chosen dealer. Based on the lo-cal, # of others that selected the same dealership, and the dealers ability to process the volume...they may be delaying approval of the docs as a way to stagger the buybacks at your dealership.

willyjp

TDI
2010 Jetta SW
My documents are all marked "received and under review" so I guess I'm "still waiting." Docs were uploaded ABOUT 9/20....didn't note exact day. Our Title has a Lienholder stamp on it (bank), but the bank has signed the line that say's "signature releasing security interest." In Oregon I've NEVER had any problem selling a car with that situation. Rarely have ever heard of anyone getting a Title re-issued to remove the Lien holder stamp. But from what I read above, maybe that's going to be a problem. No word so far.

csl223

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI, 6sp Manual
Idk what crazy order they are going in but I submitted Sept 18th and I am still "recieved and under review"... Just had to submit DL and registration (have a loan through VW credit)

highontdi

TDI
1997 Passat Sedan (totaled), 1998 NB (on last legs), 2010 JSW (sold back 5/2/17)
Not sure about the order either. Registered a long time ago, uploaded docs about 10 days ago. Got this email this morning.

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number XXXXXXXXX. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
uploaded 10/18
accepted 10/26
same eligible to participate.....

We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

Proof of Government Issued Vehicle Registration

Document complete
DOWNLOAD

Government Issued ID for the Registered Owner

Document complete
DOWNLOAD

Front of Certificate of Title

Document complete
DOWNLOAD

Back of Certificate of Title

Document complete
DOWNLOAD