Heater core clog = leaking?

sdeck

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 253K, 01M, DLC520s, VNT-17(sold); 2014 Passat SE 6M, 61,000 miles (Feb 16 buyback date)
Had core replaced a year ago on the '14 Passat for cold passenger side air. Dealer did not flush system. It's doing it again and today I noticed maybe an ounce of coolant under car. Going in Tuesday to get core replaced again:mad:. Need to know if this clogging could/has caused leaks elsewhere in system. Anybody run into this?

Thanks

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
sdeck,

Same issue. I had mine replaced last year about this same time. The replacement has now clogged and the dealership is waiting on back-ordered parts to get the new one installed. Which up here sucks, as it was -9 F this morning, so a nice chill ride to work (thank God for heated seats and electric auxiliary!). Anyway, mine developed a leak at the firewall about the time the HC failed. Its minimal leakage, but as far as I can see it is due to a bad fitting or slight kink on the inlet side. I am simply keeping an eye on coolant level until they can get the HC replaced and inlet issue addressed.