www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old January 10th, 2016, 21:48   #1
sdeck
Veteran Member

Default Heater core clog = leaking?

Had core replaced a year ago on the '14 Passat for cold passenger side air. Dealer did not flush system. It's doing it again and today I noticed maybe an ounce of coolant under car. Going in Tuesday to get core replaced again. Need to know if this clogging could/has caused leaks elsewhere in system. Anybody run into this?

Thanks

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=249556
sdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 06:04   #2
ABS
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Fuelly

sdeck,

Same issue. I had mine replaced last year about this same time. The replacement has now clogged and the dealership is waiting on back-ordered parts to get the new one installed. Which up here sucks, as it was -9 F this morning, so a nice chill ride to work (thank God for heated seats and electric auxiliary!). Anyway, mine developed a leak at the firewall about the time the HC failed. Its minimal leakage, but as far as I can see it is due to a bad fitting or slight kink on the inlet side. I am simply keeping an eye on coolant level until they can get the HC replaced and inlet issue addressed.

In Garage:
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6-m/t, Tungsten Metallic
2002 BMW E46, 5 m/t, Oxford Green Metallic
2006 Honda Odyssey Touring
ABS is offline   Reply With Quote