www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Eastern USA

South Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the South Eastern USA. (Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:20   #16
bsbaron1

TDI(s): 06 jetta

Even though they are extremely busy,they have helped my daughter and I out more times than I can count! I don't care if it is a two hour round trip, it's worth it. -Baron
bsbaron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 18:11   #17
Drallen2

Need help, DPF out , Greenville NC. DPF delete
Drallen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 21:54   #18
fabed23
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabed23 View Post
agreed with the above posts...

it may be hard to get thru to them but they are some good, honest, hardworking, and smart mechanics from what i have heard and experienced.

i had them change my TB and did a great job... FAST TOO!
took less than a half day and he was calling me back saying its done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drallen2 View Post
Need help, DPF out , Greenville NC. DPF delete
ADW is located in WNC if you are able to bring the car out that way. Otherwise may be best to find a guru in the local área where you are.

I think there are some that would make the trip to have them Work on their tdi but its a good drive for you. I dont know of any east coast gurus but put the notice Out there!

Good luck
fabed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:41   #19
No More Buffalo
Veteran Member

Another Greenville TDI! If you've seen a Grey 2dr Mk6 Golf around town that's probably me. Your best bet is probably Apex Tuning in Apex...just west of Raleigh.

I'd also curious as to why you immediately think your DPF is bad. Does it just need a forced regen? #1 rule of these cars is to not just throw parts at a problem you don't 100% understand.

Last edited by No More Buffalo; June 12th, 2013 at 08:44.
No More Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 19:12   #20
TDI:)

TDI(s): 05 Passat

I would like to echo the above and assure you that your dealing with a very skilled and honest gentleman. I have a 2005 B5.5 2.0 BHW and I had Darren do the BSM at 195k. I live in Greensboro NC and it's a 31/2 hr drive to his shop. I drove over on Sunday with my motorbike on the trailer - left the car with him for the week and picked it up on Saturday. The old chain was noisy but did not look too bad. However it was on the decline and almost two years and 50k miles later I am pleased with my decision both to do the mod and to have Darren do it. When I was leaving I asked him is this for major $ I have to put out on the car and he did warn me the TC's are not great. Sure enough 10k miles later it did. This time I took it to the local tranny shop in High Point and was happy with their work.
TDI:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 06:00   #21
Whit45

Fuel Economy: 48, 42

Been using Daniel for the last 4-5 years on my '00 '01 Jettas for timing belts, suspension, clutches, and general service. He just did a DSG, and fuel filter service on the wife's '12 A3 yesterday(1-23-14). The guy is a Pro, the Total Pkg. I swear he was weaned on Diesel fuel...lol. He knows the software side as well as the mechanical side of these TDI's and domestic diesels. I will be seeing him in the near future for a tune from Jeff at Rocketchip, if we can get a couple of more folks that want a tune to meet at Appalachian Diesel. Jeff said 3 or 4 folks would make it worth the drive from PA to do some tuning. Let me, Daniel, or Jeff know if any of you are interested.
Whit45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:38   #22
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit45 View Post
Been using Daniel for the last 4-5 years on my '00 '01 Jettas for timing belts, suspension, clutches, and general service. He just did a DSG, and fuel filter service on the wife's '12 A3 yesterday(1-23-14). The guy is a Pro, the Total Pkg. I swear he was weaned on Diesel fuel...lol. He knows the software side as well as the mechanical side of these TDI's and domestic diesels. I will be seeing him in the near future for a tune from Jeff at Rocketchip, if we can get a couple of more folks that want a tune to meet at Appalachian Diesel. Jeff said 3 or 4 folks would make it worth the drive from PA to do some tuning. Let me, Daniel, or Jeff know if any of you are interested.
How far out are we talking? I'd be interested, but it'll be a bit before I'll be ready for it.
Old January 24th, 2014, 13:03   #23
Whit45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
How far out are we talking? I'd be interested, but it'll be a bit before I'll be ready for it.
He is like 30 mins. NW of downtown Asheville. I'm thinking around sometime in March, April
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:59   #24
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

I will be heading to Daytona Fla bike week in mid march and can stop by Daniels on the way down or back. Jeff
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:08   #25
ottomatic
Veteran Member

thanks for the link calling today for my 40k service

(just called scheduled for next fri)

Last edited by ottomatic; January 25th, 2014 at 05:17.
ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:37   #26
Whit45

[QUOTE=jsrmonster;4423404]I will be heading to Daytona Fla bike week in mid march and can stop by Daniels on the way down or back. Jeff[/QUOTE
Sounds good, that would work out in my time frame.
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:44   #27
DanG144
Veteran Member

I would like to thank Appalachian Diesel Works (Daniel and Landon) and jsrmonster (Rocketchip) for coming to my get to gether yesterday.

They helped out many people and taught folks a lot.

It is always a pleasure to see them.
DanG144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 18:07   #28
dirtconnector

[QUOTE=Whit45;4423689]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrmonster View Post
I will be heading to Daytona Fla bike week in mid march and can stop by Daniels on the way down or back. Jeff[/QUOTE
Sounds good, that would work out in my time frame.
Will keep up with this thread. I would like to get a RC tune to go with the suspension upgrade Daniel installed last month. Hopefully my schedule will allow...Potential dates?
Old February 12th, 2014, 17:59   #29
Whit45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrmonster View Post
I will be heading to Daytona Fla bike week in mid march and can stop by Daniels on the way down or back. Jeff
Jeff, lets shoot for a date on your way back up.
Old February 14th, 2014, 14:57   #30
Whit45

Talked to Jeff today, and he said Sat. March 15 would work for him. If he decided to head home from FL earlier than expected, then we would meet on Friday the 14th. Instead of meeting at Appalachian Diesel, we're going to be meeting at my friend's garage in Waynesville, NC. Waynesville is about 20 miles West of Asheville around exit 27 off I40. Emai or PM me for further info.

Last edited by Whit45; February 14th, 2014 at 15:00.