Has anyone put a air ride system on their mk6 golf?

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Has anyone put a air ride system on their mk6 golf? or what are peoples thoughts on putting this system on a golf? and if so what is a good system, and any problems with installation?

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
So it's a pure performance thing?
Its basically the alternative for hydraulics, it allows you to have fully adjustable suspension, but instead of having hydraulics, you have air bags, that are powered by a compressor. and yes they could be used for performance because you get a lower center of gravity. but its mostly for looks.

Slo.Mo.Shun

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI Jetta Sportwagen
I can asure you, with my setup I can carry more weight and tow heavier loads than any standard JSW. The rear bags can lift a hair over 3000 lbs.
As far as performance, I can confidently say it is significantly better than stock ( At least on the JSW ). There is no more brake dive at high speeds, significantly less body roll, and with the stock wheels I have gotten the rear to rotate.
Coil overs preform better, but the right bag setup is not far behind.
I wouldn't mind being able to raise the car a few inches in snow.
They dont go higher than stock.
This is as high the bags will go:

Last edited:

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
I can asure you, with my setup I can carry more weight and tow heavier loads than any standard JSW. The rear bags can lift a hair over 3000 lbs.
As far as performance, I can confidently say it is significantly better than stock ( At least on the JSW ). There is no more brake dive at high speeds, significantly less body roll, and with the stock wheels I have gotten the rear to rotate.
Coil overs preform better, but the right bag setup is not far behind.
They dont go higher than stock.
This is as high the bags will go:
Do you have any pictures or videos of it lowered?

Slo.Mo.Shun

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI Jetta Sportwagen
Those are bags over coils, very expensive for what they are and they dont go low. Also, for the price there are much better management system out there.

MartinHill

TDI
Golf
This systems, doesn’t have a coil at all and is a purpose built air strut, with a large dampener built in.(with 32 settings) The Struts themselves are not static and can be adjusted in length over 100mm to cater for larger wheels. Most of the systems on the market are supplied with struts that are a standard length and the drop you get is only from the bags being deflated. As for air management i don’t think you will find a better DIGITAL system for a better price with a AirZenith compressor! (shipping, duty, tax, etc) :)

Slo.Mo.Shun

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI Jetta Sportwagen
those are regular coil-over strut with an airbag on top. You can clearly see the adjustment rings and threads under the bags.

For 3100 UDS I can piece together an Accuair system that blows that one out of the water.

GearheadzTV

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 JSW DSG
those are regular coil-over strut with an airbag on top. You can clearly see the adjustment rings and threads under the bags.
For 3100 UDS I can piece together an Accuair system that blows that one out of the water.
Care to help me put together an air sys that won't take up any cargo room???
I saw a setup on a passat that had the compressor in the side storage that I liked a lot...any ideas/thoughts???

MartinHill

TDI
Golf
I can see the struts on closer inspection are the same but a non-adjustable version... a fixed lenght... and cannot be adjusted. This is more of a one size fits all setup and you'll come unstuck if you wanted experiment with wheels sizes.

All the parts can be mounted elsewhere, The airzenith compressor (currently the fastest 200PSI on the market http://www.air-zenith.com) will fit in the side compartments, however you can go for smaller viair compressors, maybe a twin (one in each side) The air management is over kill as the remote has an LCD display similar to a mobile phone and displays both the tank pressure, and all 4 corners. Also has 4 programmable preset ride heights.