www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old January 14th, 2010, 12:50   #211
SchonerGTI

How feels the car now with the new intake?
SchonerGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 15:26   #212
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

The car performs very well, thanks.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
1970 VW Type 3 Squareback - Cobalt Blue (Birdie)
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 15:30   #213
SchonerGTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928
The car performs very well, thanks.
I mean, do you feel some differencies?
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:23   #214
mech644
Veteran Member

I think he said very clearly that he did not FEEL any substantial differences with the additional air intake changes. Repeating the same question, albeit in different wording, is not likely to elicit a different answer.
2015 GHB SEL 1.8 tsi
2014 Touareg
mech644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:04   #215
shizzler
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 05 BEW Wagon
Fuel Economy: mid 40s

Nicely continued upgrades, rocket. Always a fan of improved breathing mods.

Just curious if you would care to summarize your $$ investment in performance upgrades? (not sure if your significant other knows about this thread)
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:15   #216
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Thanks shizzler. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about improving the breathing modifications from quite a few of our fellow TDIers, mostly outside of my thread.

Though not 100% supportive (maybe 80%), in general my wife does know about the $$$ I've spent on the Jetta over the last couple of years. She even guessed once on how much I have spent, and she was remarkably close. I've even surprised myself on how much I spent in 2009 alone. Realistically, it was too much all at once.

I never thought when I bought the car that I would catch a modification bug. But, the first time I saw my clogged EGR and intake manifold and then did some research, one thing led to another. And, I'm not quite done (few more mods coming), though I won't spend nearly as much money as I have during the two past years. We have some house improvements that really should be tackled.

I'll think about the summarization of the total costs, and maybe post it at a later date. However, I don't really like showing off. I have created this thread to be informative and because it's fun to share my experiences to help others.

I've enjoyed looking at your 03 Jetta GLS TDI thread too, as well as others threads dedicated to folks modifications.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; January 15th, 2010 at 12:17.
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:40   #217
SchonerGTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech644
I think he said very clearly that he did not FEEL any substantial differences with the additional air intake changes. Repeating the same question, albeit in different wording, is not likely to elicit a different answer.
I asked two times because he has done 2 different modifications, first che R32 mod and then the ARL/ASZ intake and i'm very interested into these mods and what they can do, a detailed description of the feelings is appreciated a lot to everyone i think.
Old January 15th, 2010, 13:59   #218
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

SchonerGTI - I think Post Nr. 207 from IBW answers your questions about both rather thoroughly.

yo
Old January 15th, 2010, 19:17   #219
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

I spent the evening creating a spreadsheet detailing the cost of all the maintenance items, supplies, and modification hardware used on my Jetta TDI, including shipping and CT sales tax. This includes subtracting the cost of items I've sold. Frankly, I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to post how much I've spent in the last two years. I simply can't believe it. I should have been keeping this spreadsheet all along.

Good thing this car gets great fuel mileage!

Yes, I legally must pay taxes on all items I use in CT, and I do... I'm probably one of 10 people in my state that actually follows the Individual Use Tax law here in CT on all qualified purchases, including internet purchases and shipping. Most people ignore this law, and it's not enforced well. But, if you really knew me you would understand why I choose to follow the law.

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; January 15th, 2010 at 19:21.
Old January 15th, 2010, 19:22   #220
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Drove from MA to Ann Arbor today. Did several runs in 2nd and 3rd to 5000+ RPM. Car pulls strongly, no problems. Tune is important, but intake helps.
Old January 15th, 2010, 19:27   #221
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Wow! That's got to be a 12 - 13 hour trip (at normal speed). Did you go through Ohio or Ontario? I once made the trip to Lansing, MI from MA back in 1990 through Ontario. It's a good drive. So, are you racing the IBW this weekend? If so, have fun and drive safe while going fast!

yo
Old January 16th, 2010, 03:49   #222
ChippedNotBroken
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50,45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon
Drove from MA to Ann Arbor today. Did several runs in 2nd and 3rd to 5000+ RPM. Car pulls strongly, no problems. Tune is important, but intake helps.
MMmmmm, my guess is ..... you were not trying to see how good your fuel mileage would be on a long trip .... In order to have the look of being on topic ... much smoke at WOT?
Quote:
Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. TJ
ChippedNotBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 14:13   #223
shizzler
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 05 BEW Wagon
Fuel Economy: mid 40s

Quote:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

...I simply can't believe it.
Umm, ... sorry about that. My car has many fewer mods than yours and it has also still been very expensive. It's a hobby though. Kinda sucks that VW could have just sold a sport edition PD150 TDI here in the states and we'd all end up saving a few thousand dollars on mods, but what are ya gonna do.

Pete, welcome to ace deuce! I don't really understand why you are reporting about how well your car is pulling in rocket's thread though...?
Old January 17th, 2010, 17:53   #224
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I think Peter's post was a further point on the advantage of installing the PD150 intake manifold and R32 lower air box, snorkel, etc. to SchonerGTI. Totally understandable to me.

Yes, it's a hobby. So, I am not too distraught about the money I've spent so far, just surprised at the total.

yo
Old January 17th, 2010, 22:47   #225
tothemax
Veteran Member

Don't post it.... wifey might read this thread and bust you. Next thing you know...

Quote:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

I spent the evening creating a spreadsheet detailing the cost of all the maintenance items, supplies, and modification hardware used on my Jetta TDI, including shipping and CT sales tax. This includes subtracting the cost of items I've sold. Frankly, I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to post how much I've spent in the last two years.
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote