www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Road Trips

Road Trips Discussions about road trips you have made with your TDI.

Old February 18th, 2008, 10:39   #1
liQuid03x
Veteran Member

Default Moncton - Toronto - Moncton - Montreal and back again!

A few months ago we decided to go see Genesis live in concert. My parents booked their trip a week before ours in Toronto. We couldn't get tickets to the same show, unfortunetally. They asked me if they could use my car, because they drive a gas guzzling van. I agreed.
Back then I think my car had roughly 275,000kms on it. Prior to leaving, I got an oil and filter change, rotated tires, etc. Nothing fancy - it worked great.

So my parents came and went. They spent about 150$ in fuel and managed to go to Niagra Falls. They loved my car, and it loved them haha!

So, the week after me and a few of my buddies are getting ready to go to Montreal. We have two cars. Mine, and the other was an '07 G6.

Minutes before leaving on the trans-canada, I stop at a fueling station to refuel and top off my oil. So I take the cap off the oil reservoir and the windshield washer fluid reservoir and tell my friend to fill up the windshield washer while I fuel up. MISTAKE. He agrees and makes a very, very stupid mistake. He starts pouring the windshield washer INTO THE ENGINE! He put about, oh I don't know, 1/4 liter before he's like "OMFG!!!".

So, I call up my mech who recommends I get it towed to his place. Two hours later, the engine is flushed and I've got a new oil filter and new oil. The car has never had any ill effects from this. Thank the lord. (Yes, he did pay everything to get it fixed... in cash and in pride haha).

Finally, we get on our way. The car runs great. We stop in Edmunston, and I've still got over half a tank of fuel left. The G6 put in about 40$ worth of gas. Haha!! They ask me why I'm not fueling, and I respond: "I think I'll be good for about another 500kms. I'm sure you guys will need to stop again before that!"

Sure enough, 500kms later we stop and fuel. I put roughly 55$, and they're already up to 80 or 90$. Ha!

We made it to Montreal. The concert was amazing! Genesis rocks!

The trip back was uneventful... it cost me a little over 100$ in fuel for a Moncton - Montreal round trip. The car ran great, and still does with 292,000kms on it. I love it.

Thanks for reading