Front brake line twisted up

intro

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta Wagon
So my e-brake light started going off the other day and my pedal went to the floor. Brakes were functional enough to baby her home.

I just took the wheel off the front passenger's side where the puddle was collecting and noticed the kinked up flexible line that had come off the strut somehow. Had my son come out to take a look while I hit the pedal and we confirmed the leak is right at that kink.

I've ordered a new one but does anyone have any idea how this might have happened? I'm guessing the fact that it was hanging somehow allowed this to happen. How can I ensure it will stay put this time? Need to check the other side now. Will be changing front pads and rotors since I've got to bleed brakes now.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Might have been whoever did the brakes last, hung the caliper by the hose, then when they put it back on they twisted it. Hard to say.

intro

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta Wagon
Might have been whoever did the brakes last, hung the caliper by the hose, then when they put it back on they twisted it. Hard to say.
Would've been me. Hadn't fiddled with it for at least a year.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Story of my life....

I was replacing my power steering rack and did Ball Joints while I was there(not my first BJ job, haha). Blue locktite on all the bolts for the BJ. After I put back together i drove the car like i was on a racetrack for several thousand miles; drove the car between Florida and Colorado twice. Put well over 12,000 hard miles on the car with the new BJs; hard turns, constantly doing 80mph on the interstate, zero care in the world.
One Friday after work i was pulling into walmart, actually just putting along, no speeding. And NAILED a pot hole, while turning. Car immediately was grinding, it was bad sounding, I thought i blew an axle joint.. I glanced over the car, didnt really notice much, but I did not put it on a lift to check it out.
I took it to my local Indy VWmechanic, his tech was blown away to see missing bolts on the BJ and it was "installed" COMPLETELY wrong. I never did get to see the pics, but he was extremely confused as to how it could have functioned in that state at all, let alone for 12K+ miles ontop of that being a lot of hard driving; seemed suspicious to me, like someone tampered with it(not the Indy, lol) but i let it all go and moved on... (To add to the suspicion; that very day at lunch a jobsite head honcho was bragging about having over 60K into his cummins Ram. I ofcourse explained that I have around 24K(maybe alil more) into my mk4 tdi, including purchase price, repairs, insurance and fuel over the 160K miles/9 years)

Point is... Sometimes weird **** happens. This one, just replace the line, make sure its mounted properly in its securing clips and motor on. It'll probably never happen again.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk