www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old May 21st, 2020, 04:45   #1
Mraar0n

Default Does Jetta mk6 gli air ride fit Jetta mk6 tdi?

Sorry for posting so much, but I have lots of questions and yes I do search but usually the stuff I want to know no one has apparently asked, so my question is does air ride made for a Jetta gli mk6 fit a Jetta mk6 tdi? I’m pretty sure it would, I found a air bag setup but all it says is 2010-2018 jetta gli, and no way to check for my vehicle specifically.
Mraar0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 11:37   #2
Graham Line
Veteran Member

The GLIs/later TDIs that I have owned had a ride that was significantly improved over the standard Jetta. Unless you need to vary the car's ride height for some reason or to compensate for heavy loads or trailering you won't improve the performance or comfort with airbags.
Graham Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:00   #3
Mraar0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Line View Post
The GLIs/later TDIs that I have owned had a ride that was significantly improved over the standard Jetta. Unless you need to vary the car's ride height for some reason or to compensate for heavy loads or trailering you won't improve the performance or comfort with airbags.
I honestly donít give a crap about comfort granted I donít want a rough ride But I want air for the looks
Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:42   #4
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Keep in mind that earlier MkVI TDI had beam axle and only later switched to IRS. Where as all GLI are IRS. Depending on your air ride system this may make a difference.

Jason

PS: I've noticed people interested in air ride are more likely to slam it at shows or anywhere it can be publicly seen. It's more about the look than the ride or handling. Guy I worked with had his setup to drop on the ground when he shut the car off so it couldn't be towed or stolen (at least not easily)
Old May 22nd, 2020, 08:11   #5
Mraar0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
Keep in mind that earlier MkVI TDI had beam axle and only later switched to IRS. Where as all GLI are IRS. Depending on your air ride system this may make a difference.

Jason

PS: I've noticed people interested in air ride are more likely to slam it at shows or anywhere it can be publicly seen. It's more about the look than the ride or handling. Guy I worked with had his setup to drop on the ground when he shut the car off so it couldn't be towed or stolen (at least not easily)
Yeah do you know what year they switched to irs?
Old May 22nd, 2020, 13:15   #6
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Not for certain when, but easy to see standing behind the car. Pretty sure after the face lift, but may have even been a year or two before that.

Jason
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:10   #7
diesel power
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1.6D A/C:5.7L/100km, TDI: 5.2 L/100 km

I have a 2014 and it has IRS.

Golf 1.6D 1992 310 000 km... and going...and going (sold)
Golf 1.6D 1989 150 000 km (sold)
Golf 1.6D 1986 160 000 km (sold)
Pat
diesel power is offline   Reply With Quote