Cleaning Cornsilk Beige Dinamica Seats

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
Hello All,

I just got my wife a 2015 Passat SEL TDI and its Oryx White with Cornsilk Beige with the Dinamica seat inserts. Its a beautiful car however the Dinamica inserts get dirty very easily.

I was wondering what everyone uses to clean these seats and keep the clean. My wife is probably the cleanest person in the world and if she can get these seats dirty, I am sure others are having this same problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
My 2013 sel had that interior. The foaming cleaners worked ok but our best solution was to sell it back to VW and buy a 2015 with black interior.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Here is the deal........cornsilk or shall we say beige get the same dirty as black or grey it just shows it more. But it is just as dirty.......just scrub a little bit more and it will be "cleaner" than a dirty black is. Dirty cornsilk or dirty black is the same dirty.

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
Here is the deal........cornsilk or shall we say beige get the same dirty as black or grey it just shows it more. But it is just as dirty.......just scrub a little bit more and it will be "cleaner" than a dirty black is. Dirty cornsilk or dirty black is the same dirty.
You are exactly right. Dirty is dirty, no matter what color it is. Its just a shame because the light interior is so classy looking. Someone else also told me to use some Woolite laundry detergent in a spray bottle diluted down with some warm water. Just don't want to try something that will make it worse and even more difficult to clean.

Thanks

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
The cornsilk leather also stains easily. We are classical musicians, frequently wearing formal black, and the black (had) permanently stained the leather, outside bolster, from sliding in and out of the car. Never found anything to remove those stains.

Dealing with similar staining of Avalon perforated leather. Wondering how to clean it w/o clogging up the holes, or having cleaning material push through the holes to the padding/heating grid.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
No recommendations, but be very careful of blue jeans as well. I waited a very long time for my passat sel with black interior.

Skillet64

TDI
2013 passant tdi sel
You are exactly right. Dirty is dirty, no matter what color it is. Its just a shame because the light interior is so classy looking. Someone else also told me to use some Woolite laundry detergent in a spray bottle diluted down with some warm water. Just don't want to try something that will make it worse and even more difficult to clean.

Thanks
As above with a little bristle brush worked well. But it gets dirty again. One part of the car I hated.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Its a beautiful car however the Dinamica inserts get dirty very easily.
I realize this doesn't help you but the SEL seats and their weird inserts were a primary reason we went with the SE trim and full vinyl seats (we are a light interior-only family).