New used 2015

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I came home the other night with an unexpected purchase after stumbling upon a fixed Passat SE TDI with 13,000 miles. I had just the night before started to research what was going on with these cars. I don't think I figured out much other than there were a few in the Seattle area for sale. They seem to be asking around $19k with 30,000 (give or take) so $17k seemed to be a pretty fair deal. I bought it from a small dealer that admittedly knew nothing about them. It had all the "fix" documentation in the glove box. I stopped at the VW dealer and was delighted to find out the in service date was July of 2017 so I still have 6 months of bumper to bumper left.

This little dealer also brought back a 2015 Golf with 18,000 miles and stuck $16k on the window. I noticed it too disappeared.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Enjoy your unicorn!!!

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess I haven't figured out what the unicorn thing means. I do like it so far. I think I still find the 05 I had somewhat more attractive. This seems like a considerably larger car than the 05 was. The trunk seems to have as much space as some pickup beds. I just got in the back seat to try to figure out how to contain the dog back there and I noticed my knees didn't even come close to the seat back in front of me. I think there's more leg room back there than the Suburban that just left me.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Good buy! I was about to say welcome to the club, but it looks like you've been lurking around for quite some time. :) There really are some great deals on the fixed cars out there.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, lurking was all I was able to do for the last week. New computer since the last time I was on here and I had no clue what my password was. Also the email attached to me is long gone. I guess one of the administrators merged my new stuff with my old stuff.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
it shows "newbie" joined 2005 :D back in 2005 I was on vwdieselparts with jack rebuilding my 1985 IDI

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Yup Quincy did a lot of lurking but no posting, hence join date 2005 and still a Newbie.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup Quincy did a lot of lurking but no posting, hence join date 2005 and still a Newbie.
Haha, you don't know the half of it! I was a well Qualified lurker long before I apparently joined in April of 2005. I don't think I had ever researched a purchase before making it before or since. You see, since rumors of a 2004 Passat started to spread, I began to think that that would be a perfect wife's car. So lurk I did. Thought I found a wife in the meantime. When it became clear that she needed a reliable car, I spent the day running around looking at every other Oldsmobuick or Camccord on the market, saving the VW dealership for last. She agreed the VW was by far a better value than all the others but wanted to know about those little hatchbacks. To my dismay, we left with a new 05 Golf TDI.

She loved the Golf and in no time I was right there with her. When the engagement came to an end, I thought I was going to end up with the Golf by default because I didn't want to have my name on the loan. She figured out how to removed my responsibility so I was left without a Golf. I called the dealer and told them I was coming down to get my own. My guy said that unless I wanted I wanted a gasser, I was SOL. "Didn't you want a Passat originally? We've got the last two TDIs for a while." I ended up taking one of the last new Passat TDIs in the Puget Sound region.

In 2006 I ended up taking advantage of the TDI value increase due to the fact they were no longer sold. I think it worked out that I had possession of a brand new car for right around $100 per month when I sold it.

ncolz

TDI
2015 Passat SEL TDI 2005.5 Jetta TDI
Very nice! I recently brought home a 2015 Passat TDI SEL - 19,500 miles but mine cost me right at $20k. I'll miss my 2005 Jetta TDI, but I commute a lot and my wife convinced me to buy something with fewer miles. I like the smoother ride of the Passat. I think it's still re-learning after the re-call fix since I'm getting 39 mpg, I hope to see that improve back to the 42 I was seeing in the Jetta

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I hope the SEL would fetch a few more bucks. The Seattle area has a handful on Craigslist. SEL with 20ish on the clock are in the $21-23k range where the only SE with under 25k is just under $20k. I have only checked my mileage once and it was 43mpg.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
I take it back. The SE has 14,000 miles and is $18,900.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
its hard to break 40mpg in cold weather with a heavy foot, but very easy to nearly get 60MPG with a light foot on a hot summer day when exploring 2 lane roads on flat ground around 50mph