Diesel Clean

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Always, I had a 2012 TDI and used PS for 6 yrs, now I am on my "new" 2016 1500 miles and am using it on every fillup. I don't know if it makes a difference,but I know my car ran smooth and had no HPFP issues. I also used on my 2009 JSW TDI with the same good results.

My opinion is it is cheap insurance for poor quality diesel you can run into on your travels.

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I use the PS Gray most of the year (probably every other tank) and the white in the colder months. I don’t think the diesel kleen product is necessary for every tank use.

I used to use the Standyne product that they sold at VW, but on my Cummins truck it reduced my fuel economy.

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
more miles in the range, 710 after driving 55 miles....I just worry about the algae in my tank

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I used Opti-Lube in my Treg, and now use it in my Q5. Summer formula is what I am using at the moment. I’ve used XPD and also liked it.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Old hifi, Don't worry about algae in your fuel unless you never drive your car. I have a large diesel in my boat that is seldom used. fuel is 2 yrs old and the engine runs like a top. I put stabilizer in the tank at the end of each season and no problems. Tank holds 150 gallons,so half of that is 2 yrs old. I also store one of my TDIs over the winter and no algae.