www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old June 13th, 2018, 09:46   #1
Nohlan_4

Default How to BRM Turbo R&R?

Based on this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=489086

Getting ready to complete this job. From what I have found on the forum already this seems liked the easist way out through the bottom.

Intercooler output to ASV pipe
- Intake adapter to the turbo
- VNT harness
- O2 sensor - I would cut a wrench short or get the VW tool
- Exhaust
- Oil return tube
- EGR cooler to EGR manifold
- EGR cooler; I left the coolant hoses attached so I didn't have to drain my coolant.

A couple questions though. Can I pinch the coolant lines off on the egr enough to keep the coolant in the car so I don't need to refill the system? Also the oil return line when I pull this off will I lose all the oil out of the engine? Should I drain the oil before I start? Does the axle need to come right out or just unbolt the flange, size of 12 point is 10mm?

Anything else I will need or should plan for?
Nohlan_4 is offline   Reply With Quote