2012 "NMS" Passat TDi does not have the same options as the Euro "B7" counterpart?

RevTDi

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDi
2012 "NMS" Passat TDi does not have the same options as the Euro "B7" counterpart?

Good Day Everyone!
I've recently purchased a 2012 Passat TDi SE 6-speed and I've noticed there are some options that are on the Euro versions but not on the US.
Central Locking: not an option
Remote Windows: not an option
My goal is to disable the lock buttons on the rear doors, and enable the remote window up/down capabilities.
A bonus would be change tire/wheel size and modify the engine tune.
I'm disappointed that the UK/Euro Passats have more options than the US versions but not surprised.
What's the best method to accomplish these changes?
Can VAG handle all of these options? Ross-Tech?
I'm certainly open to suggestions!
thanks, HT

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
2012 (B7) Passat TDi does not have the same options as the Euro counterpart?

The B7 *IS* the Euro version (thanks Vortex for perpetuating the misinformation). US version is referred to as the NMS.

The two vehicles are almost completely different... Size, shape, everything. All they really share is the name "Passat."

We have not figured out how to do remote windows yet - only sunroof opening via remote.

As for the rear door locks, this may be an option in VCDS but I don't know. So far you're the first person to bring that specific subject up.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Good Day Everyone!
I've recently purchased a 2012 Passat TDi SE 6-speed and I've noticed there are some options that are on the Euro versions but not on the US.
Central Locking: not an option
Remote Windows: not an option
My goal is to disable the lock buttons on the rear doors, and enable the remote window up/down capabilities.
A bonus would be change tire/wheel size and modify the engine tune.
I'm disappointed that the UK/Euro Passats have more options than the US versions but not surprised.
What's the best method to accomplish these changes?
Can VAG handle all of these options? Ross-Tech?
I'm certainly open to suggestions!
thanks, HT
Here are some links that will address most if not all of your questions.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=351152

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/b7/2012-vw-passat-tdi-forum-buying-guide.htm

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?5301-Passat-(B7)

Welcome to the club!

Bill

RevTDi

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDi
The B7 *IS* the Euro version (thanks Vortex for perpetuating the misinformation). US version is referred to as the NMS.

The two vehicles are almost completely different... Size, shape, everything. All they really share is the name "Passat."

We have not figured out how to do remote windows yet - only sunroof opening via remote.

As for the rear door locks, this may be an option in VCDS but I don't know. So far you're the first person to bring that specific subject up.

Thank you for the corrections! I saw it listed on a few sites as B7 so I assumed...

and yes, I brought it up to the guys at Ross-Tech and they confirmed this as well. At least I'm getting a better tune from the guys at APR, so that'll help some.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thank you for the corrections! I saw it listed on a few sites as B7 so I assumed...
and yes, I brought it up to the guys at Ross-Tech and they confirmed this as well. At least I'm getting a better tune from the guys at APR, so that'll help some.
APR seems to have some bugs that they haven't been able to work out of their Passat (and perhaps other model) TDI tunes. I would recommend looking into Malone or Rocketchip for your TDI tuning needs.

barshnik

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE w/roof, nav
Listing the similarities between the Euro B7 and the NMS will be a far smaller list the differences.

Coffeemade

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Prem
APR seems to have some bugs that they haven't been able to work out of their Passat (and perhaps other model) TDI tunes. I would recommend looking into Malone or Rocketchip for your TDI tuning needs.
I was an APR guy prior to this car. Now I'm a Malone guy and after Monday I will be in Malone Stage 2 off-road mode :)

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Before anyone gets to post on this board, they should have to check an "accept" box that they have read and understand the differences between the B7 (Euro, whatever) and NMS Passats. This just keeps coming up.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
I understand and accept that we have the nms and are calling the euro passat the b7 but wasn't nms just a nickname from vw ? I thought the euro passat is just a b6 with a facelift... Our passats really are the true b7 :p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I understand and accept that we have the nms and are calling the euro passat the b7 but wasn't nms just a nickname from vw ? I thought the euro passat is just a b6 with a facelift... Our passats really are the true b7 :p
Not really because the NMS chassis is completely unrelated to what is referred to as the B series platform.

I'm sure bhtooefr can get into excruciating detail about what's what if anyone is interested.