VagCom-VCDS

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Upgraded my old Twin-Com to the Hex-USB+Can... today VCDS did a auto update, WOW!!! No more me having to remember to check the website for updates... or to do the whole deregister/reregister key/file thing anymore when messing with windows with the newer Dongle setup.

Even better I don't need to use a USB adapter to run the cable anymore as it's built with a USB plug now. (twin-com had the old serial interface) I do notice quicker interaction between the car and VCDS, it's like cable modem vs. DSL.... :)

Phil_R

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Recently purchased Hex-USB+Can in addition to my Twin-Com (release 311). Twin-Com is used with an older Gateway laptop w/serial port, battery run time of 45 minutes. Hex+Can/USB used with new Asus Netbook with battery run time of 5+ hours.

Nice to use current (release 908) software for the first time in years. Increased battery run time of netbook is a definite plus, as well as "built-in" license with new dongle.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Guys, what's the cost to upgrade to a CAN cable? I've got to do the same :(

Thx.

Phil_R

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
I did an outright upgrade for $249.00.
A trade-in of my Twin-Com would be: $199.00
New customer price for Hex-Can/USB is $349.00

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Andy, I'm fairly certain it's HEX COM with the serial port connection. It's white :)

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
We never made a white HEX-COM. Again, feel free to contact us directly to pull up your records so we can provide a recommendation and pricing.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
So which is better communication serial port or usb? I have a Dell Latitude 600 that has both, and I too have been thinking about upgrading.

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT