Greyish-White Smoke

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
I had a couple of punks in a Honda Accord trying to see how close they could get to my bumper on my ride home tonight. When we approached the next hill I went WOT and watched them fade to about four/five car lengths. :) (They couldn't close in on the hill-hilarious) I also noticed my smoke was greyish-white more so than black. I have a RocketChip Stage I and I won't say how fast I was going, but I was doing 65 (in a 55) when these clowns came up behind me.

I recently started using B5 and have splashed in more bio on the last fill up. I probably at 40% bio at the moment. My car was a black smoker in the past and I noticed with the addition of bio a whiter/more grey smoke. Is this normal? I'm not concerned. The car runs great. Just not used to seeing the lighter smoke. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Now here's the funny part. I knew there was a speed trap on the other side of the hill. I cooled it before the crest and these dopes went blasting past on the downslope. Sure enough Smokey was waiting. :D

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Advance the timing a bit. This will shift your power a bit higher in the power band and slightly reduce your risk of the turbo surging.

At night you can see a haze of smoke, but the drivers behind you can't.

DB

Fortuna Wolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Auto Sedan
Do you advance the timing with a screwdriver or vag-com?
I thought that the screwdriver method was only for starting up and afterwards the ECU adjusted the timing.