Anyone knows this part number ?

C00lit

TDI
2006 TDI BRM
Basically, my engine and tranny seems to move around a lot when I lightly press or release the gas.

My mechanic is pretty sure it's because of this part, but he's having trouble finding it... he's not the best when it comes to VW.

https://plus.google.com/photos/phot...0710342894987266?icm=true&iso=false&ftu=false

https://plus.google.com/photos/phot...0710416139723298?icm=true&iso=false&ftu=false

I am looking to know if this is 1 or 2 parts and where I can get it.

All in all, this car has been a nightmare to me :(

I love it, but I never drive it, over 1 year in the making now, it's been from one Mechanic who did the TDI Swap and the install, after 3 times of giving me the car unfinished and me bringing it back, I gave up and took it to discover a fuel leak and a cracked tranny casing... (And many other things)

I brought it to someone else, who has not fixed a single thing, but made everything worse, such as breaking a number more things...
Such as subframe, traction control, door locks, gas door lock.

I hope to eventually have it finished.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Pendulum mount or common name of "dog bone". You can get large bushing and mount separate. At least you have the 3 piece sub-frame so its easy to pull the center section out and work on a bench.

IDParts.com has them.

Jason

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Good luck. It can be a challenge to make the two pieces align and then align with the hole in the subframe where the pendulum slips through and then press it in without ruining it.

VW has a set of tools for this job that keys the two mount halves together and then another that fills the slot so that the perimeter of the mount does not try to squeeze through and distort. Not terribly difficult to fab up but it did add time to the job.

Might be easier to just replace the center subframe with a lower mileage salvage part. These do not go bad that often. And if you remove just the center part of the subframe you will not disturb the wheel alignment. I bought one at a salvage yard for something like $60.
http://car-part.com

Last edited:

JETaah

TDI
Last edited:

C00lit

TDI
2006 TDI BRM
Here is a stupid question,

Would it be a terrible idea to simply re-inforce the part by spraying some eurothane or something similar on it ?

JETaah

TDI
Here is a stupid question,

Would it be a terrible idea to simply re-inforce the part by spraying some eurothane or something similar on it ?
I've driven cars with the urethane filler insert designed to help stffen the mount for racing and it is like driving a tank... really shakes the cabin.