Hatch lid button on fob

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
What does it do? I push it and the electric latch burns a moment, and hatch pops up maybe a 1/4" at best?

Mdf says lid is open, but picking it up its still partially latched and I have to jump on it to get it to relatch fully so I can use the handle on car. Handle on car won't work unless hatch is fully closed.

Is something broke or is it totally useless?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
It unlocks the hatch but not the other doors. When you close the hatch back it locks again without having to push the button again.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
The issue is sometimes it partially opens, so I'll walk out and pull up, it won't open, but pulling the lever physically won't initiate the electric motor, so essentially I have a hatch that's partially open still latched, that I cannot fully unlatch.

So, the next step is to angerly jump and push down on it to get it to fully relatch and satisfy the micro switch.

Then while standing at the car, just pull up on the ****er and not even use the worthless remote.

And I'm sure vw didn't build this ****ty design with the intentions to keep ecs in business.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Stock the hatch latch is a two stage mechanism (kinda like the doors), first stage is activated by the fob only, it leaves it ajar and you have to manually use the emblem switch to fully unlock it. My only thought why they made it a two stage is to prevent you accidentally opening the hatch with a button press in a low clearance situation.

If you just walk right up to it with Kessy leave your key in your pocket just use the emblem and open it up.

For that pop kit listed, you have to code the BCM to not just unlatch the first stage with the fob, but unlock both stages, then the high pressure shocks will force the hatch open.

UPSmotor sports also has a kit.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Maybe I'll just do that

Because there's times I'm in between stages, and I cannot physically open the hatch, unless I trampoline the hatch back shut, which can be a chore to overcome everything to completely become closed again to initiate the process again manually.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah I never use the fob to open the hatch. Either the cars locked and i have my keys on me and i just use the emblem latch, or if the cars unlocked (in the garage) I again just grab the emblem.

dasjefe

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
Neat kit. Ordered one. With the kit installed, is it possible to code the BCM so that the first press of the key FOB unlocks the first stage (leaving the hatch closed but unlocked) and the second press opens the hatch?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'll make sure to check and post results. Unless someone beats me to it.

I'm going to guess no.

It's unlock, or both at once. Doubtful sequential with multiple key fob inputs.

seanf

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
I have the hatch pop kit. Simply hold the unlock bottom on the fob for 2 or 3 seconds and the hatch opens.
The only disadvantage is the hatch takes a little more effort to close.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have the hatch pop kit. Simply hold the unlock bottom on the fob for 2 or 3 seconds and the hatch opens.
The only disadvantage is the hatch takes a little more effort to close.

unlock or hatch button?