Pricing advice on new 2016 Toureg TDI

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
If you want a new never registered TDI you have to deal with the dealers obviously. There aren't that many cars that will have your requirements ,so buy or don't. I got what I wanted for 47K less my 2012 TREG buy back of $45,500 for a cost to me of 2500. I'm in with a new car that I love. I looked around for the colors I'd want and the features in the LUX I needed and I'm a happy camper.

Seppoboy

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT, traded due to seat discomfort, hello BMW 328xd
Well, three months later the dealer gradually dropped the prices on all Touareg TDIs closer to market price, 14-16k under MSRP, and they disappeared from the lot. If they had been willing to negotiate at all in April, I would have taken the Exec off their hands, but no sale at only 4k off. Well, I'm more than happy with my Q5 3.0T, and will not have the whole diesel support issue hanging over my head. I continue to really, really miss the TDI experience, but the deck is stacked against diesels these days and I have sadly concluded that the era has passed.

Good luck to all of those who continue with TDI's, especially the Touareg, it's an awesome vehicle.