What did you do to your car today?

bikegeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
finished full metal jacket install.....panzer plate, then I finally fixed my trunk switch. I removed the trunk-lid interior cover and a cheap piece of black plastic fell out. My trunk has only opened with my key for several years, now my key-fob and the interior release both work, the aftermarket "Jetta trunk switch fix kit" @ Jettatrunk.com maybe on the pricey side, but it was fast, simple and it works. I find most things related to the K.I.S.S. theory work best for me......

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My Weekend Project

I've accumulated some new parts for the Miata.

Roll bar is in, with luck this stuff will go in this weekend.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I think the seats will work fine. ;) And it is nice to anticipate getting on the track. I even had the tires shaved!

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
TDTuning ftw:

814.7 miles single tank, 15.63 gallons = 52.1 mpg

Could 50 mpg on RC, 52 mpg on TDTune. MAF delete tune is bauce
I have no idea how people get this kind of fuel economy...I'd like to see my trip flip 8xx on a tank. Most I've ever seen is 730or so...and calculating fuel economy was 47 mpg or something like that. That was driving down i5 from SF to LA....totally flat lands. Maybe I need a scan gauge.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
PD150 intake mani, 1756 turbo, PD150 injectors, Boostfactory SMIC, custom IC pipes, today is a busy day!!!!

Can't wait for my updated tune from Mike @ TDTuning.. Should be quite a beastly wagon by the time everything is fine tuned.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Drove the Golf to Cape Cod and back, about 100 miles. Trip FE according the MFI is improving.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
PD150 intake mani, 1756 turbo, PD150 injectors, Boostfactory SMIC, custom IC pipes, today is a busy day!!!!

Can't wait for my updated tune from Mike @ TDTuning.. Should be quite a beastly wagon by the time everything is fine tuned.
I have a feeling you will be grining. :D I have a couple of questions: what is the 1756 & what are the 150 injectors good fore at full fueling?

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver

Is tat a GTB1756? If so which Exhaust manifold did you use?
Does it feel any different even without the re-tune?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I am surprised to see kyb there ........
How come? Seems these are the damper of choice among folks who run Miatas in showroom stock. I considered Konis but they're harder to adjust in the car, more expensive, and, most important, out of stock.

SILVERBOX: No RC yet on the Golf. Jeff didn't have the tunes for a '12 when he was here.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Changed the 4-dr back to summer shoes. After sitting for more than a month without being driven because it had snows and we've been particularly bereft of snow this winter, it needed exercise, even if simply to rub the rust off the rotors. So of course I took it for a quick spin when I was done to do exactly that. (No photos - camera's broken :()

The bad news is that iron termites have finally had their way with the right front fender. >:p

Last edited:

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I have no idea how people get this kind of fuel economy...I'd like to see my trip flip 8xx on a tank. Most I've ever seen is 730or so...and calculating fuel economy was 47 mpg or something like that. That was driving down i5 from SF to LA....totally flat lands. Maybe I need a scan gauge.
Yeah it's pretty awesome if I do say so myself :D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue

It is ALL in the tune.. I have had MANY RC tunes and each has their own mpg characteristic. tires and tire pressure helps.. but Tune will determine your true mileage outcome!

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Votex, 2003, Gris Platine
How come? Seems these are the damper of choice among folks who run Miatas in showroom stock.
I have KYB AGX on my 2003 Jetta. Combined with GLI springs and RSB, they are perfect. What I really like is to be able to easily adjust the rear stiffness when I have heavy things in the trunk, or passengers in the back.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
They were in a 2-door golf I bought a few years ago. Did some track sessions on them. The ease of adjusting them is great, and they worked well. I know some people say they don't last very long but that's really not an issue on this car.

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Been busy making here look better for the summer.
- Refinished the BBS RC's to a graphite metallic
- Installed Koni STR.T's(strut mounts, bearings, GLI bump stops etc.)
- GLI sport springs
- New front LCA bushings
- New balljoints
- Rear swaybar
- New alignment
- Blacked out my B-pillar and mirrors
- Gave her some clay bar lovin
- New CCV oil catch can
- Black rearview mirror
Almost ready for summer!

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Is tat a GTB1756? If so which Exhaust manifold did you use?
Does it feel any different even without the re-tune?
Not a GTB, It's a VB with a 56mm compressor from CR Turbos in the UK.

Previously had it installed on my 99.5, now swapping all the mods over to my '05 BEW wagon.