Daily RANT thread - Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
A suggestion from a local member. Instead of polluting other threads with off topic rants, here is a thread dedicated to RANTING.

Please don't use it to flame others, or start a war of words. Just come in here to get stuff off your chest....like bad drivers, high fuel prices, crappy service, etc. Please keep it civil.

Last edited:

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Daily RANT thread

2 days ago, southbound on hyw 11 approaching the 3rd line of Oro, everyone was trying to que up to get off at the closure for the fire at The Hitch House, slate grey MK4 TDI sneaking up the shoulder of the road in front of the rescue and OPP....
ponder the physics...19000 lbs of highway truck, 17000 lbs of fuel trailer empty, 500 hp, 1850 ft lbs torque versus 2500 lbs of VW that is trying to jump the line....

Slowrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Golf Sportwagon
...slate grey MK4 TDI sneaking up the shoulder of the road in front of the rescue and OPP....
That has to be in the top ten list of a hole moves at the best of times, never mind when there has been an accident or other emergency.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
That has to be in the top ten list of a hole moves at the best of times, never mind when there has been an accident or other emergency.
I hope I haven't done this to anyone on here, but i have a habit of staying on the right lane and watching for these "special" people and throwing pennies at their car as they drive by.

Why are you in more of a rush than me, we all have somewhere to be.

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
I hope I haven't done this to anyone on here, but i have a habit of staying on the right lane and watching for these "special" people and throwing pennies at their car as they drive by.
LOL. A few years ago I was in stop 'n go EB on the 401 at Keele. Some guy a couple of cars ahead decided he was going to jump into the onramp from Keele and boot up it and then cut back in at the end. I had some warm fuzzies when I saw the unmarked cruiser in front of me suddenly flip on his lights and rocket out after the guy. I didn't have any pennies to chuck as I passed him though.

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon

it's because i'm better than you.
sincerely, the Donald.

oh, and by the way, you're fired.

(mutter...damn peons/gta traffic.don't we own the 407?...wish i was in nyc... damn unreliable chopper...mutter..don't these people know who i am?!)

falcon_1898

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta 2.0L TDI

Good idea! I always have a bunch of coins in the car from random shopping.

Time = money. So if the guy is in such a hurry, he must be in need of money!

Is that legal by the way? How about at night? :D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Legal I don't know, probably not, but what would you get charged for? Littering?
Anyway it won't last much longer with the pennies going away, I'm not about to start throwing my Timmies fund out the window :)

Edit: At night they don't bother me, there's not enough traffic, at 5pm though North 400 between Rutherford and Major Mac different story.

Last edited:

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Half full Timmys went out the sunroof of my Sunfire (pre TDI car) at a guy once .. pissed me off to no end on the 401 express going through Toronto .. I usually keep my temper in check but that day the tailgating and flashing of the lights just put me over the edge .. 130 - 135 km/h just wasn't fast enough for him ..

All I saw as I zipped across 3 lanes to the collectors was creamy sugary coffee being smeared all over his windshield from his wipers , BMW X5 I think it was ..

dangerous and stupid yes .. but was satisfying at the time ..

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Half full Timmys went out the sunroof of my Sunfire (pre TDI car) at a guy once .. pissed me off to no end on the 401 express going through Toronto .. I usually keep my temper in check but that day the tailgating and flashing of the lights just put me over the edge .. 130 - 135 km/h just wasn't fast enough for him ..

All I saw as I zipped across 3 lanes to the collectors was creamy sugary coffee being smeared all over his windshield from his wipers , BMW X5 I think it was ..

bad, but I like it. best use of a double-double yet! :D

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual

Hate to say it, but if you're hoggin the left lane you better move out of the way of a faster car behind you and not complain about how fast you're going. Left lane is and was designed as a passing lane and it don't matter how fast you're going and getting upset over the fact that someone wants to go faster than you is plain childish. Know the rules of the road, just my 2 cents.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
it is not for any of us to decide what the speed limit is; if you're being tail-gated in the fast lane, and you do not like it, move over or go faster.
I will admit to running an experiment once, the result was: no one tailgates a motorcycle doing 160.
however, what does any of this have to do with "Official Spotted Thread"?...move it on over.

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
it is not for any of us to decide what the speed limit is; if you're being tail-gated in the fast lane, and you do not like it, move over or go faster.
I will admit to running an experiment once, the result was: no one tailgates a motorcycle doing 160.
however, what does any of this have to do with "Official Spotted Thread"?...move it on over.
I totally agree :)

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Hate to say it, but if you're hoggin the left lane you better move out of the way of a faster car behind you and not complain about how fast you're going. Left lane is and was designed as a passing lane and it don't matter how fast you're going and getting upset over the fact that someone wants to go faster than you is plain childish. Know the rules of the road, just my 2 cents.
Didn't say I didn't want to go faster . or hoggin the left lane ..
I drive the highway every day for 2 hours , I do know the "rules of the Road"
It was the traffic , not me slowing him down .. it was the constant .. lights and tail gateing (not just me) when he could clearly see there was traffic in front .. and after the 10 or so attempts to go around ALL the other traffic he ended up behind me being a complete moron ..

Childish far from it .. and you can keep your two cents thank you very much .. and take your trash posts over to Vortex ...

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI

True .. very true ..

We need a Daily Vent thread or something .. .. that these outstanding posts can be moved too.. where is a Mod when you need one .. lol

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
I want to know why this hasn't been here before!!!! Someone has to pay for not putting this here a long time agoooooo!!!!

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
Childish far from it .. and you can keep your two cents thank you very much .. and take your trash posts over to Vortex ...

Good One :D I look forward to see You at a meet and discuss it further :)

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Good One :D I look forward to see You at a meet and discuss it further :)
:D

I'll save a double double for your windshield .. :eek:

Again I realize it was a very very stupid thing to do .. the spur of the moment thing .. and never even thought about pennies ..
Older and wiser now .. ;)

Next stupid thing in line to that .. saw a guy reading a news paper driving with his knee and drinking coffee in courier van one day cruising down the 401, draped right over the steering wheel .. not paying any attention to the road at all .. back in forth in and out of his lane .. I kinda swerved toward his lane a bit and got on the horn when i passed him the second time .. and the paper went flying as he grabbed the steering wheel .. he got it under control it looked like and hopefully paid a little more attention to the road.

I lol'd at that one for a while.

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
A suggestion from a local member. Instead of polluting other threads with off topic rants, here is a thread dedicated to RANTING.

Please don't use it to flame others, or start a war of words. Just come in here to get stuff off your chest....like bad drivers, high fuel prices, crappy service, etc. Please keep it civil.
Thanks Nigel .. hopefully it stays clean and you don't have to work overtime on "Mod" duty ..

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
I want to know why this hasn't been here before!!!! Someone has to pay for not putting this here a long time agoooooo!!!!
I work in IT and troll allot of forums and admin/moderate a few in my spare time .. three monitors and always waiting for one system or another to do something ..

Some of these threads go to the max posts the forum will allow and then another gets created , lol

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
Not now of course, but there used to be people who would pass me at 150. I never had anyone pass me at 220.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Pretty much everyone has done something stupid in traffic at some point, speeding, road rage of some kind and for some it has to do with age others might be stressed and just need that one idiot to snap. It happens, nobody condones it, and most know when it was wrong.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
I work in IT and troll allot of forums and admin/moderate a few in my spare time .. three monitors and always waiting for one system or another to do something ..

Some of these threads go to the max posts the forum will allow and then another gets created , lol
This is why I hardly ever rant...I usually have missed something very obvious and my rant then seems very childish and ends with an "oh...", lol :D

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Thanks Nigel...now I won't feel so bad lumping my frustrating experiences with drivers all over the place

Went to Green Bay over the weekend...that was educating. 70500 people trying to get into the game, every single one of them courteous and considerate and sharing the road. Traffic moved in and out quickly and efficiently.

Man do we have a thing or 2 to learn.

wackypete

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Golf
Here's my rant of the day:
I'm driving westbound on Queen St. (Hwy7) trying to go right onto the northbound 410. There are three lanes of traffic on Queen with the right-most lane giving access to the 410. I'm queued in the right-hand lane waiting to exit onto the 410 (with 20 other vehicles), a dump truck is in the middle lane, and an Acura TSX in the left. The Acura is trying to pull in front of the dump truck and swing across 2 lanes onto the 410. He was unsuccessful so now he wants to barrel his way in front of the queue (f-that).

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Here's my rant....I've driven almost 4000km in a rare imported VW that is 10 feet tall and not once made a spotted thread!

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Some ****ing **hole in a e36 325 today NB 400 around 4:15 or so. Was so far up my ass I couldn't even see his headlights. I'm in the middle lane mind you doing 120km/h just minding my own business. So of course I let off the throttle a bit and make sure there's just not enough room for him to get by.. Guy in the fast lane he was trying to get around (There's traffic, no where to go for our lane weaving hero) figures out what's going on with me and decided to play along. We boxed that guy in from before Mapleview until Essa, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.