PSI Motorsports digital diesel tuning box.

cetaneburner

TDI
volvoic
The dealer for www.psi-motorsport.com gave me a drive in his Golf GLS TDI at GTI International 2002 in England. The car was phenominally fast, in 2nd gear it chirped its tyres (stick shift). TUV approved, and has a smoother fuel injection modification curve (not steppy like everything that gets thrown to us in the USA). Does anyone have experience with this modification, OTHER THAN Tuning Box, Upsolute, Wett, etc. The gent apparently had researched every other diesel tuning mod, and found that none were as efficient as the PSI box.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
... but if the steps are small enough, they won't be noticeable. (The stock ECU is digital, and the steps are small enough to not be noticeable.)

I think what he means is the "on/off" characteristic that I noticed with the "original" tuning box ... that's largely why I sent it back and got my money back after one day on the vehicle ...

cetaneburner

TDI
volvoic
its not steppy at all, it is an even, smooooooth curve. i brought one of their brochures back from england, if anyone is interested in a photo copy. I have ridden in other boxed cars before, but this one is the finest i have found. anything that makes my car smoke, means that it is wasting fuel. :) simple, folks.

samuel

Veteran Member
So, Cetane, did you happen to notice what Tdi version the guy in England had? Tuning boxes usually claim 20-30 hp extra over the stock hp. So, if you start with a PD 130, even if the tuning box does absolutely nothing it will still be quicker than all but a heavily modified US spec car.

I don't have a tuning box, but could be interested in one, I just don't know which one. What makes the Psi better, aside from the smoothness you noticed? I'll agree with you that the smoothness is a very nice feature.

Being TUV approved is good, but does Psi rate it for installation on a US spec car? How does the cost compare to that of the Janetty or Upsolute boxes? Is there a US distributer for Psi?