Looking for place to fix Downpipe/Flexpipe 2.0 City Jetta

vwmikey99

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GLK 250 + 2017 Tacoma + 2014 Jetta
Looking for a good place to fix the Downpipe/Flexpipe on a 2.0 City Jetta

Don't need a whole exhaust, and did not want to buy the cat as well. Car is a bit of a beater, did not want to waste big $$$ on it.

Anyone had a similar job done to one of their VW's?

Any recommendations? Right now the car is in West Hill.

vwmikey99

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GLK 250 + 2017 Tacoma + 2014 Jetta
Thank you sir...Much appreciated. I have heard a few good reviews about that place already.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Or you can try finding a good used down pipe on Kijiji and just replace the whole thing.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Looking for a good place to fix the Downpipe/Flexpipe on a 2.0 City Jetta
Don't need a whole exhaust, and did not want to buy the cat as well. Car is a bit of a beater, did not want to waste big $$$ on it.
Anyone had a similar job done to one of their VW's?
Any recommendations? Right now the car is in West Hill.
I had a new flexpipe section welded in on my 2002 Jetta 1.8T by a shop in waterloo...
Held for a few years... I replaced it around 2013 with a cat back exhaust from some place online in the Toronto area...
When I removed my flexpipe in 2013, the inner flex portion was detached from the outer portion, causing a restriction of sorts to my untrained eye. I can't remember the exact reason why I changed out the exhaust.... maybe it was a failed cat?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BHv5SbSYqc16e5Mh8

A.D.TDI

TDI
2011 golf tdi
Hey guys. I'm new the forum. I just bought a 2011 golf tdi and was looking into the dpf and egr delete kit by rawtek along with a malone eco tune.

Are there any other options besides rawtek? I tried contacting the guy on kijiji that sells tdi exhaust parts but he hasn't gotten back to me.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to do the swap without a hoist? I have all the tools but no hoist. If anyone has done it on their driveway and are willing to help me out, let me know how much $$$ you'd want? i'm in Markham.

Please PM me if you could offer any advice/help.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
You are asking people on a public forum to help you break the law? I would keep this off the forum.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
You are asking people on a public forum to help you break the law? I would keep this off the forum.
Exactly. Ontario is sticky about this stuff, and some garages will flat out refuse to do this repair. I recently had a friend who needed the flex repaired on his Corolla and ended spending the big bucks on a new downpipe/cat.