diesel more expensive than gas?

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
Hey guys I just started driving a diesel this past August and from what I recall the trend was always diesel being cheaper than gas in Canada. Yet nowadays in more recent times diesel is more expensive than gas... last night I think the price difference was 10c/litre.

Any particular reason for the trend? Most articles on the google are American centric.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Winter time diesel is always more becaseu it's almost the same thing as heating oil. Other times is usually a little less or even with 87.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
And generally nowhere near as volatile as 87... tends to miss all the big "everyone's bumping their prices tonight" blips.

At least out hear in God's Country. :) :)

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
As an 18 year tdi driver, i've always seen summer as cheaper than 87, and winter more expensive than 87. Mostly because gas is so up and down, depending on season.

At least out here in the big city :)

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Of course in good old Alberta, at least the Edmonton Area Diesel is cheaper and You use less Diesel. Gas= 132.9, DIESEL = 125.9 and You get 7 Cents back at SUPER STORE.....