Anyone has/had the Phase 2 done in Ontario ?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just curious if the Phase 2 is available already in Ontario. Seems it's being done in the States already.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well a couple of days back I received an email from the Claims portal informing me the Phase 2 is now available to be done.

Ronner

TDI
New 2015 Golf TDI dsg
Got notification in the mail today letting me know Phase 2 is now available. Bought the car new the end of June last year. I'll probably set up an appointment next week. It goes in for it's 45k service in the morning.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I already did go to the dealer and was told that there are no parts available yet. But several other people had come in to try and get this done so they have set up a waiting list until the parts come in.

So it looks like the claims people have jumped the gun!

Ronner

TDI
New 2015 Golf TDI dsg
Dropped the car off last Tuesday at 8:30 and got the free rental. Was told it could be a couple days! They called at 5pm. the same day sayin' she's done. Car seems as good as ever...so far....not waiting for a shoe to drop. haha.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dropped the car off last Tuesday at 8:30 and got the free rental. Was told it could be a couple days! They called at 5pm. the same day sayin' she's done. Car seems as good as ever...so far....not waiting for a shoe to drop. haha.

Where in Ontario???

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
havent been catching up ....whats phase 2? is it mandatory for vehicles that already got phase 1 (ecu fix/cash) ?

thanks

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
I got my Phase 2 booked for August. I was told depending on mileage of the car, there may be more parts involved for the Phase 2 fix.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Had a call from the dealer and made an appointment for the end of July.

When it goes in I'll need an oil change/filter as well.

Plus I have a squeaking body, no not mine, the car does. According to a posting from the USA forum it may need 6 bolts tightened and maybe some lubrication around the front struts.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Got a letter stating a 9 hour job, but talking with Barrie dealer they say like up to 2 or 3 days it had taken for the first one they did and they were getter better at it. They are getting faster at it. I had made an appointment, and confirmed 2 days before but some idiot didn't enter it into their computer or they bumped me out and put some one else in my slot, so I had to make another. They only do one car at a time, so how many years before the dealers get all the cars done????
Really depending on the mileage on your car they may need more parts?
Really is their any good dealers around that have a clue and aren't full of bull?

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was scheduled for July 30th, but am bumped to August 9th because of a parts shortage.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Got a letter stating a 9 hour job, but talking with Barrie dealer they say like up to 2 or 3 days it had taken for the first one they did and they were getter better at it. They are getting faster at it. I had made an appointment, and confirmed 2 days before but some idiot didn't enter it into their computer or they bumped me out and put some one else in my slot, so I had to make another. They only do one car at a time, so how many years before the dealers get all the cars done????
Really depending on the mileage on your car they may need more parts?
Really is their any good dealers around that have a clue and aren't full of bull?
Nope. Many reason, shortage of qualified, quality trade labour force. People are not entering the trades like they used too. There isn't a line up of people wanting to be certified mechanics......same can be found in all types of trades (i.e. plumber, electrician, etc.). I hear the stories from friends and family, where you have a 20-something sitting in the back shop on instagram or twitter instead of hustling and turning wrenches. Just my 2-cents.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
What exactly do they replace in phase 2?

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Had my done and the part numbers are as below.
1K0-298-101-B CONV. KIT
1K0-253-301-CC PIPE
1K0-298-101-EX CONV. KIT
1K0-298-201-A GASKET SET
G-013-A8J-S0 COOL. ADD.
This as it shows on the copy of the work order they gave me.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting. So it looks like they replace the DPF.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Also, was your dpf broken or do they replace it even if it’s still good

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I believe they have to change the DPF which is part of the stage II.
I was told that was one of the parts.
If you Google the part numbers it shows them at ECS tuning for one, and their cost.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I have heard they have to give more money out too.
I hope so.
Someone told me they had heard it on the news.
Anyone heard the same?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I hope so.
Anyone heard the same?

I did not buy my Passat new, but getting the Phase 1 and Phase 2 done I received $ 3,500.00 in two installments.
But if you did NOT apply by August 31st you're SOL !!!

Last edited:

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I hope so.
Anyone heard the same?
Are you talking about the Bosch payment?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
hamilton vw isnt even taking appointments...they dont have the parts or availability

getting my 2015 passat done on the 25th in burlington.

brantford vw just got more parts in for the phase 2

there are different packages depending on the vehicle.
all they do is open their box and everything in there would be going on the car. ill try and get pics/details when they do mine.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ill try and get pics/details when they do mine.

Good luck with that, my car was in for 1 1/2 days. I don't think a dealer will allow you to hang around in their work area taking pictures.

Other than a new sticker under the hood I cannot see anything different.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Burlington vw even gave me the part numbers of what’s being replaced when i asked them over the phone. Maybe in person I might be able to see what’s being put on. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

They told me they will need the car for a whole day and their giving me a rental meanwhile

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Burlington vw even gave me the part numbers of what’s being replaced when i asked them over the phone. Maybe in person I might be able to see what’s being put on. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

They told me they will need the car for a whole day and their giving me a rental meanwhile

Dropped my passat off today, asked the service guy if i can see the parts that will be going on.

my passat was getting the P4 package.

this included the nox sensor, new DPF, and some other stuff...ill have the part numbers for it.