OFFICIAL Ontario "Whats it worth thread"

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
I have this posted for 1K on kijiji and here..
Can I get that fairly?

2001 tdi jetta
it is fully loaded, leather with power sunroof. (which works perfectly)
It has a MALONE stage 2.5 tune with EGR delete.
PP520 nozzles
physical EGR delete kit ordered from UK and installed
2.5" downpipe
Evolution skid plate from a group buy here.
K&N Air Filter.
NO check engine light or any error codes.
Single mass VR6 fly wheel/clutch installed.
Turbo is nice and strong.
cross drilled rotors (stops well!)
HID 6000K lights.
Alignment done 4 months ago. Perfectly straight ride.
rear hitch with 1-7/8 ball.
The A/C works if you spend $20 on a couple cans and squirt it in.
Lasts 2-3 months (almost the whole heat season)
Washer pump, wipers, sunroof, etc... all function.
3 of the 4 windows go down. The rear passenger side clip broke so the window doesn't go. I was stupid to try and roll it down in the dead of winter -40! Easy fix. But I don't use it, so I didn't care.
The passenger mirror got clipped off, and the rear spoiler fell off.

here's the ad:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...an/1067436209?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It is dirty. If I spend about 3 hrs cleaning her tomorrow, it would be better ofcourse.

Can I safely get $1000?
I figure with the tune, the nozzles, the downpipe, skid plate. Good engine/tranny...... ?
Still runs 100% and the battery is OEM and strong too.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I think you should get what you are looking for - heck even i'm thinking about it, but the wife won't let me have any more projects :D

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Buddy is putting his '03 Jetta wagon up for sale, here's the run down. I've got an idea on price but would like some more feedback.

'03 Jetta Wagon 5psd
Zero rust (Hatch and fenders just replaced under warranty)
New clutch (g60/VR6)
New brakes all around
TB just done 40k ago
Blue over beige interior

-cj-

TDI
2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg

Tealbucket

TDI
90' mk2 Jetta coupe AHU - 02' mk4 Golf ALH
Not sure if this is meant only for cars. I have an 11mm injection pump with roughly 235k came from a running car. Was going to put it in my alh but decided I didn't want to open up that can of worms with my daily. And apparently it takes a bit of work to fit it to an ahu. Figured I'd sell it instead

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Time to sell my 2000 jetta tdi. Front fenders are a bit rusty but mechanically the car is solid and well maintained.
Its an automatic but I had the valvebody fixed last summer and it shifts better than when I bought it 6 years ago.
Almost everythings been replaced minus the alternator and the rad.
Silver exterior with grey cloth inside.

What would be a reasonable asking price for certified and e-tested?

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Time to sell my 2000 jetta tdi. Front fenders are a bit rusty but mechanically the car is solid and well maintained.
Its an automatic but I had the valvebody fixed last summer and it shifts better than when I bought it 6 years ago.
Almost everythings been replaced minus the alternator and the rad.
Silver exterior with grey cloth inside.

What would be a reasonable asking price for certified and e-tested?

I think the transmission will be the tough sell regardless if it's working now.
I sold my 2000 jetta tdi in the summer for 3500 if I recall. Almost everything suspension-wise replaced and running great. It was a manual also.

AtlsNBP

TDI
2002 Jetta
2002 TDI Jetta Manual
380,000km
Black

Currently has airbag light on for:
01638 Crash Sensor For Sensor For Side Airbag Rear Drivers Side Faulty

The clutch is on its way out.

Front end is a bit clunky

Body and interior is in fair shape

What is she worth As IS?

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
2002 TDI Jetta Manual
380,000km
Black

01638 Crash Sensor For Sensor For Side Airbag Rear Drivers Side

What is she worth As IS?
1500, maybe 2000 tops?

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
2002 TDI Jetta Manual
380,000km
Black

01638 Crash Sensor For Sensor For Side Airbag Rear Drivers Side Faulty

What is she worth As IS?
I wouldn't even say $1500, not with a bum clutch, expensive job for most (or at least lots of work). $1000-$1200 range, give or take a couple hundred on body condition.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I would say eveness than that. Considering the Air Bag fault needs to be fixed to pass the safety, so does the worn suspension and the worn clutch age and mileage makes his fall in the parts car category. Does it have a check engine light on and/or has a valid e-test? I would say $500 is fair for it.

AtlsNBP

TDI
2002 Jetta
No CEL. Also valid Etest.

Considering 500-1500 isn't going to vastly impact my life in the long run, I'm just gonna keep it and have some fun with it.

What would be fair price for 2004 GLI Recaros?

Last edited:

GreekDiesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI [ALH]
Hello guys/gals,

Pondering with the idea of selling my car. Car is a 2000 Jetta TDI ALH 5-speed. Leather heated seats, leather is in near mint condition minus the driver's seat. The car has 462,000KMs. Fresh winter tires (90% tread) on steelies and also a set of OEM Longbeach alloy rims for the summer (rubber needs replacing on these). The front brake sensors were cut with the tires due to lowering the car without any experience = flashing brake light on the dash. The brakes should be changed. The timing belt was replaced approximately 10,000KMs ago. The car has a minor coolant leak from a mystery location; haven't really looked into it. Burns little to no oil, which you probably wouldn't believe. Front suspension, mainly the lower control arm bushings should be changed. The air-bag light is on but does reset with the VAGCOM, the code says it's "intermittent". No CEL, will pass e-test. Car still gets 850-950/full tank of diesel, very consistently. The car is tuned with Malone's "Eco-Tune" was done by Giles at Diesel Injection Performance. Body is in decent condition, the front bumper could use a re-spray, dents here and there with minor surface rust; overall I'd say 7-8/10 condition. GLI headlights with and OEM foglight switch with HID's installed in the fog lights. Ever since my ownership at 320,000KMs; I have every single maintenance record (parts, repairs, oil changes, timing belts etc.) that has ever touched this car along with mileage recordings. So, based on what you've heard... what's she worth? or worth more parting it out?

Any questions, just ask!

cbad

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
hey folks,

Looking at selling our 2009 Jetta TDI w/ Comfortline package.
Selling AS IS!
207,000 KM
Automatic transmission
New all seasons
Body is in great shape.
Needs work - Will need DMF and a few other bits - about $3,000 total

What are your thoughts on price?

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
2014 sportwagen?

With the move from the GTA last year and a minivan to haul crap, we are considering selling our reflex silver 2014 golf sportwagen. Comfortline trim, no sunroof, 6spd manual, 60K kms, summer/winters. Currently dealer maintained to preserve the warranty (less hassle). Bone stock. With the recall and no listings on kijiji, I'm having a tough time figuring out what it is worth.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
hey folks,

Looking at selling our 2009 Jetta TDI w/ Comfortline package.
Selling AS IS!
207,000 KM
Automatic transmission
New all seasons
Body is in great shape.
Needs work - Will need DMF and a few other bits - about $3,000 total

What are your thoughts on price?
What blew up?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Not a car for sale, just a comment

For what it's worth, the dealer gave me $ 500.00 as a trade for my 2002 Jetta TDI automatic with about 215,000km on the clock. The headliner was coming off behind the front seats. Did not try to fix the problem I had with no fresh air coming in and in addition by TDI member consensus the 2002 auto tranny was supposed to go at around 200,000km. Everything else was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to drive 5000km in the fall to Mexico and then back. But I thought it was time to treat myself to a nice car again.

I might have been able to sell it for a bit more, but all the aggravation wasn't worth it for me.

JettaTDlie

TDI
'02 Golf
Going to look at a 2006 Jetta Wagon GLS fully loaded, manual. 220,000km on the clock, receipt for timing belt at 200,000km. Camshaft was verified when TB was done. Body appears clean from pics. Winters & summers on rims. New brakes all around. Safetied, e-tested. What would you say its worth? I'd like to pay $5K but would go up to $6K. Seller asking $6,800.

I ask because one sold last week in the area, same specs minus leather interior. 180km on it, TB done, body was rustproofed annually. Dealer was asking $5,900... so I'll assume someone bought it for $5,500.

EDIT: I bought an 2002 Golf TDI.

Last edited:

FreshOntarioBeetle

TDI
2002 New Beetle ALH 01M
Hi Folks..
Pondering the idea of moving out of my 2002 Beetle... would like to know what its worth/ if anybody is interested.
Here are the details...
2002 New Beetle TDI
Reflex Silver metallic
106,000 original Km.
Timing belt etc done at Orillia VW at 64,000km. (I have the paperwork)
Oil changed every 16,000km with VW oil filter and Shell Rotella T6 synthetic. (I also have half of an 18L bucket that would go with the car.
Ends of the rockers behind the wheel well liners have been sprayed with rust check and are cleaned out regularily.
Auto
Leather
Sunroof.
Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate
Has summers on factory wheels and snows on steelies. Both 70% tread.
Kept quite well detailed for a daily driver. Interior vacuumed and wiped weekly and car has been waxed and is washed weekly or bi-weekly depending.
Weathertech mats
Comes with VW roof racks
I bought the car 2 years ago as of last week. I found it at Orillia VW with 31,000km on it. I am looking to upgrade and would like to see if anybody has any interest. I feel I may get more for it here (and it would go to a better home) than compared to a trade in.
I have flight benefits (I pay 5% of regular airfare) meaning I can drive a car to a location and fly back. This means I will deliver with fee depending on distance.
Any questions please ask! I would love to see what it's worth and if there is any interest.
Thank you all :) - Mike
Here are some pictures of the car, along with the original sales ad from June 2014.

Last edited: